Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Oscarben,
Thats a great price. Have they only just released the September flights?
I didn't check them yesterday,I think Paul may have checked the day before so think it's only within the last couple of days,we haven't got accommodation yet .We paid £450 for our flights in May but we didn't book those until September.Its only showing flights until the end of September so I assume they will show flights for October next month.
i got my flights last week flying from Edinburgh to Dalaman 11th sept for 2 weeks £619 for 5 of us !! which i think is good,its our first time to turkey so really looking forward to it
forgot to mention the flights are with easyjet
Brilliant prices,neil s ,When I checked flight prices in the morning they would have cost less than £300 but I had to wait until the afternoon so that my husband could find out if he could get the time off.We paid nearly £450 for our flights in May but were quite late in deciding what we wanted to do so prices had gone up.Does your price include luggage for you all,neil?
Yes that's luggage included but we only ever take 2 cases so it would be more if we had taken more, we nearly booked flights for June about 6 weeks ago but could not get time off but them flights were only £350 for 5 of us with 2 bags gutted when we could not go, but still happy with the price for September,its our first visit to turkey so any advise about places to eat ect would be a bonus

thanks
It really depends on where you are going,we've only been to Marmaris and Icmeler,AI each time,so not the best person to give advice.Boat trips and excursions are far cheaper than anywhere else we've been and so many booths in resorts it is cheaper than booking through the hotel reps.I'm sure if you tell people where you are staying there will be plenty of advice on offer,we love Turkey and have already booked to go twice next year.We're staying between Marmaris and Icmeler,hotel Marmaris Park in May,we've been there before,and we're still looking for accommodation for September,we quite fancy Calis Beach.
That is the $64000 question,because we have never been to turkey we just don't know where to go,we have been looking at Hisaronu and surrounding area but i have just found a place called Kalkan which sounds lovely so i am completely baffled now :que
Hi,

We go to Kalkan each year and love it bu must warn you it is very hilly, laid back and evenings are spent eating in roof top restaurants. It suits us fine. It also has a pebble beach but loads of beach clubs where you go straight into deep sea water, some of these are reached by boat from the harbour. Kalkan does appear to be ore pricey than other resorts, but this year as the exchange rate was so good we got good deals.

It depends on if you have children in which case perhaps Icmeler would be better, it also has lots of accommadation, self catering, B&B and AI, Lovely boat trips from the beach, it is also more lively than Kalkan,

Never stayed in Hisaronu although have been to Olu Deniz. Although Olu is pretty I did not like it as much as Icmeler but then everyone to their own,

What hoel was you looking at in Kalkan?
Next year will be our first visit to Turkey, to be honest I never really fancied it and always ended up going somewhere else, however I decided to book and after having a look at several resorts including Kalkan we have booked to go to a resort called Dalyan (fly in to Dalaman) staying in a small hotel called Central Park which cost £30 per night B&B, from what I have read Kudret the owner also happens to have one of the best and not expensive restaurants in Dalyan, that's a bonus :D

A quick internet search brings up a lot of good advice and a wide range of hotels, apartments & villas.

The resort is not big and still maintains a lot of it's charm, set on a river you have access to a beach by water taxi or bus along with trips to mud baths and ancient sites, some info on the area http://www.dalyaninfo.com/Dalyan/dalyan_en.html

Happy hunting and let us know where you decide :tup

Graham
I have always fancied going to Dalyan after visiting on a trip many years ago.
The only thing that puts me off is the Mossies!
Icmeler is my favourite and we go every October after first visiting there in 1992.
It also seems to be the most reasonable as there are many many excellent restaurants so the prices are low compared to other resorts.
I have been to Kusadasi,Olu Deniz,Side,Gumbet and Marmaris and Icmeler and Marmaris are the only 2 I would return to. :sun2

I have been to Kusadasi,Olu Deniz,Side,Gumbet and Marmaris and Icmeler and Marmaris are the only 2 I would return to

And this is where it makes it more interesting and really depends on your own personal individual preferences . . . cos we've been to Olu Deniz / Hisaronu (Which we loved!) and Icmeler and Marmaris. (which we didn't!)

And for us, Icmeler and Marmaris are places we would NEVER return to! We have been back to Olu, which apart from Florida is the only places we've been back to more than once and will go again (looking at next year)

I have to agree tho, that Dalyan looked quite nice and was somewhere I would consider . . .but no, Icmeler and Marmaris are places I wouldn't go to again even if someone paid!
I don't think you'll be disappointed with Dalyan the scenery there is absolutely stunning. It's one of our favourite places in Turkey, along with Turunc. When we stayed there a few years ago we hired a boat and took it out on to the lake. We had an amazing day hardly saw a soul all day, the only noise was from the birds and the mountain goats! All we paid was £25 (there were 8 of us), and the owner threw in a cool box filled with beer and soft drinks. The water taxi journey down to the beach is great, and the beach is fab as well!
If you go to the ruins on the other side of the river, look out for the lady who takes you across in a rowing boat, more fun than an organized trip!
Jaytrip - We took the usual precautions against mozzies and I don't remember it being a problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.