Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi
There are flights available already if you go onto sunshine.co.uk or flightline.co.uk they will give you prices for xmas, new year etc. We were looking at about 11 dec and were quoted £290 for 2 return flights from Gatwick.
Nikki
if you go into monarch and click charter flights you can get a price there,i am looking for manchester to tenerife and its quoting £540 for 4 adults going 9th dec for 1 wk this isn,t to bad but I think I will still hold out for the budget flight prices.

jeanie
Just booked return flights from east midlands to tfs 16th dec. return 9th jan for mum & dad £217.00 each with flythomascook .com inclusive of meals and extra 5kg luggage
Monarch scheduled are now selling seats for the xmas/new year period!
thanks for that just checked cheapest from Manchester on the 26th of Dec £389 phew
Flights now on sale from Manchester for xmas, new year period with monarch
thanks just had a look £420 each flying out boxing day, only paid £303 for last new year (flew out on the 27 th Dec with XL). I think they are trying to get people to book early and pay this. I will hang on and hopefully with the credit crunch they will have to drop there prices
Found one on Travel Republic, flying out from Manchester on boxing day with Air Europa for £327. Flight timings are less than ideal (22:40 departure from Manchester, 03:40 arrival Tenerife), but if you want cheap then that's what you'll have to take. They wanted £466 for what I'd regard as the most convenient flight timings (10:05 departure, 20:00 return).

I wouldn't rely on the 'credit crunch' though, Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for flights/holidays to the Canary Islands, and they sell out fast. I looked last October for a holiday in Fuerteventura for 26th Dec 07-2nd Jan 08, and the cheapest holiday I could find was £700 self catering. The hotel which I was looking at staying in was £1100 for the week.
been to tenerife for the last 4 years for new year and i cant remeber paying more than 340 for a flight, a couple of years ago we waited unti nov to book a flight and got that for just over 300 so i think i will wait, thanks
wn5 wrote:

been to tenerife for the last 4 years for new year and i cant remeber paying more than 340 for a flight, a couple of years ago we waited unti nov to book a flight and got that for just over 300 so i think i will wait, thanks

Your choice, but do remember that with the Mytravel/Thomas Cook and Thomson/First Choice mergers, there will generally be fewer seats available. Flights and holidays during peak periods are usually cheaper the earlier you book, compared with off-peak periods where the cheapest fares will be available in the few weeks running up to departure. The christmas holidays are when there is the greatest demand compared to the amount of capacity on offer, and I can't see the prices getting much cheaper than the £327 which I found on Travel Republic.
i'll see if not i will pay the price because the hotels booked and it only cost 395 for 2 for a week so iv'e saved on that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.