America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Have used this company and was very good, also used the middle one Jeff has posted and found them very good also.

http://www.floridadirect.co.uk/
I always use http://www.pilgrimhomes.com Tell them you got their info from Kirstie Healey (They usualy knock a few quid off :wink: )

They are excellent. They even came out to check on us before & after hurricane Jeanne last year.

Get a villa. You wont regret it
We booked our villa through orlandovillas.com, just came back on Saturday, had a fantastic time. Our villa was at Emerald Island Resort, at the most it took us 15 mins to reach the disney parks. It was situated just off the 192 beside what used to be splendid china. We found it to be in a good location for eating out and shopping, this is the second time we have been here. It is a gated community and well maintained. There was only 3 in our party but we felt it was worth having plenty space and your own pool and not stuck all in one hotel room.
Many thanks all of you

I will start looking when my little ones are at school!

Jo Jo

PS one more question - like Aileen D who stayed at the Emerald Island Resort which was fairly close to Disney - if anyone knows of other villa 'areas' which are close to Disney, please could you name them!

thanks
To be quite honest, Most villa complexes are approx 15-20 mins drive. The roads are so easy to use and the speed limits tend to be higher than here.
Hi Jo Jo C,

My villa ,"Southern Glen" is available from 19th May until 2nd June,2006 if thats any help.

best wishes
Casterton
Aileen -D

can i have more info on Emerald Island where you stayed please.
i been told that there is road works going on just out side the community, did you see any?
Ali :D
PS other communities around the maingate area by emerald island are:-
Windsor palms, Oak island cove, Rolling hills, Formasa gardens, indian creek, there is a map on here somewhere put in a search for 'villa map location'.
These areas look nice too :D
Ali

There were road works just outside of Emerald Island Resort, but they did not bother us as when you arrive at Emerald Island you have a drive way to travel up before arriving at the gatehouse so you are not near any road works. While we were there in May they built 5 - 6 houses behind the villa we were in, noise was not bad and you were not always in the villa during the day.

We have recommended this resort to our relations and are going next year, we felt it was an idea location for all parks etc.
Aileen -D

Thanks for that bit of info, we have booked for next september to stay at either Emerald island, Oak island cove, rolling hills, Windsor palms or indian creek, we wont know till we get there which one.
I have researched all of them and emerald island looks the best and closest to disney :D But we have booked a three bed villa and none of the web sites that advertise emerald island do three bed villas, so i think we will be in one of the other communities. :?

Was there a supermarket and restuarants close by?
who did you book with ?
Thanks
Ali :D
Jo Jo

This will help you to see where all the villa communities are.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm

Pegasus
We've stayed twice before in Westridge in Davenport. This year we would like to stay closer to the 192. Does anyone know any villas - at least 3 bedroomed with a pool - closer to the 192?

I would like to view a detailed map of this area - where can I see one?
Hi julieg

There are lots of villa developmenst close to the 192 and surrounding area so you will get a good choice - try teh attcahed link which is a great reference map

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Map.aspx

Let me know if I can give you any specific help or tips on what to look out for

regards
Robert
Hi, ive just been and had a look at these links - went onto orlando villas - there would be 5 of us going - im the youngest at 30 and would be the only female - where would the best place be to stay as there seems a lot of gated communities - driving wouldnt be a problem - the cost is working out a hell of a lot cheaper especially with it being villa per week and not per person - and flights are cheap enough.
Hi Wickchick,
I have a 3 bed villa at The Manors of Westridge sub-division in Davenport just 10 mins from Disney. What dates were you looking for?
Let me know if I can help.
best wishes
Dave
Casterton743
Hi Casterton

Do you have a website for your villa? My boyfriend and I are possibly looking to go back to Florida this year. It's pretty expensive for a villa becuase there's only the two of us but we are still considering it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gill
Hi Wickchick,
The website is under re-construction at the moment but if you give me your email address, I can email some pics to you.
best wishes
Dave
Casterton
Please do not post email addresses or discuss dates/prices of private rentals on the open forum, please use the pm facility instead.

Thanks.

Pippy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.