Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
oh dear tricky one, not sure if there is much you can do, but i would get all information together, with times & dates of calls, names of who you spoke to, copies of emails and phone bill as proof and anything else that might help you and send this with a letter of explanation of exactly all you did to resolve this include quotes you accepted etc send it recorded delivery , you never know it might help, but as the error was your mistake they are within their rights to make these charges although they havent acted very fairly. keep us informed as to what happens
we had a similar problem with thomsonfly
tried to book flights online
and as you pressed send a page came up saying there was a problem and couldnt continue
this happened twice
so we just rang and booked over the phone
and lo and behold the next day we had emails confirning the flights all 3 bookings
and the deposits had been taken so we rang thompsonfly they were so helpful cancelled 2 of the bookings and refunded the deposits
Have you been able to resolve your problem and book suitable flights. I think the situation may have been further confused because looking at the easyjet site it isn't possible to book flights to Paphos via them until 28 March. Until t
Hi, I would not recommend using Recorded delivery, use registered Post or Guaranteed Next Day Delivery, reason being.
Recorded delivery is just sent to sorting office in normal mail to be sorted, there is no trace procedure until it arrives at the Delivery Office. These are facts. Will give you an instance.
Sent recorded delivery to Indepenent Police Complaints Commission, tried to track it via internet, response unable to locate, so put in enquiry, Royal Mail sent me claims form for compensation, I had e-mailed IPCC to ask if they had got it, Yes in a bag of ordinary mail. Now Postwatch are dealing with. Tonyt.
They do sound very disorganised but they could really only have made your change for you without charge by going on your request to use the second choice of flights and not the first. But as you found out, this info doesn't always get to the right person at the right time.

Another problem is as you were using Easyjet they don't do refunds full stop and a date change is a cancellation to them. I wonder if Flydeals have a different policy of terms according to whether they are using a budget airline or not as they all work the same in that you can't get refunds whereas other airlines it's dependant on the ticket you are being issued.

I'm sorry you had this trouble - it does serve as a warning to double check your info before sending and also to check direct with the airline as you may well get the flight cheaper or for the same price as going through an agent.
BEWARE BOOKING WITH FLYDEALS.co.uk

I have just had the same experience. I went to their website and booked the precise dates and flights that I wanted to Faro. I paid with my credit card and they said they would send an email confirmation. The confirmation email came through a couple of minutes later but it was showing that I was flying one day earlier and returning one day earlier than I had booked. I immediately sent them an email and they responded saying that I had not unchecked the box for +/- 1 day, so it automatically books a different day to the one chosen. Most websites make you select +/- 1 day or 7 days. This one automatically changes so that you pay a charge for the wrong booking date. I am now being charged £140 to change back to the date I had selected. They would not waive the charge or lower at all. Most unhelpful company that I would NEVER deal with again. Then I found this blog and found that they went bust and resurrected under a different named company but still using FLYDEALS.
Hi
Thanks to everyone on this topic that I have found them out as I was going to book with them to go to turkey this september!!!
Are they not part of hot4holidays.co.uk
fiona
Tonyt,

If you check the Recorded Delivery product you will find that Royal Mail state it is treated the same as a first/second class item of mail, the only difference is you have a signature at the end of its journey, it is just proof of delivery (hence the name). Not sure you will get any other compensation, I guess there's a lesson to be learnt here, we should always double check what service we are paying for.

As for flydeals, I am also concerned now. I booked a holiday for this July several months ago, I received flight details and confirmation (after chasing it) but not the hotel details. I emailed them and asked them to forward confirmation of both flight and hotel, they said they had in the initial email. I then sent them the original to prove I had not received the details and yet again they said I had received it.

I then rang them, explained the situation and the lady said it had all been confirmed and she would forward the details onto me. I received it, the flight seemed ok, I checked with jet2 and they confirmed our flights had been booked. The problem was and still is, I have not received a voucher for the hotel, the confirmation states booking reference 'failed'. I asked the lady on the phone about it and she tried to re-assure me that at the time of sending the confirmation they had not yet received confirmation from the hotel but after checking their records it had been confirmed now. I asked for it in writing, she agreed.

The next day I received an email stating we will receive our flight and hotel vouchers 7-10 days before our departure.

Sorry long story but do you think I should ring them again and ask them to double check the hotel booking? Or would it be possible to contact the Hotel itself?

Thanks for your help.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.