Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Thought I'd pop back and say this hotel was absolutely fantastic!

We paid £80 for a triple room for two nights and bought breakfast the second morning (very cheap and great selection). Incredibly good value. Booked with booking.com.

Rooms are huge, clean and decorated/furnished nicely. Bathrooms are modern, shower was powerful and hot. Good quality towels provided. Kettle. tea, coffee and sugar all supplied. Television on wall.

The bar, restaurant, lobby and reception areas are very pleasant and comfortable, we spent a few hours in the bar/lobby after finishing our sight-seeing on our last day and before getting a taxi to the airport (which cost £4). We were able to leave our bags in a locked room.

Staff are lovely and all speak English.

Hotel is about a twenty minute walk from the Atlas Arena and is perfectly safe to do at night with other people.
Many thanks for the update Pippy. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Many thanks for the update Pippy. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay :tup

Welcome! We had a really fun trip and behaved badly much of the time and had SUCH a laugh during both flights with a couple of male Ryanair cabin crew!! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/sets/72157632105261248/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/sets/72157632105261248/show/

A few pics of the hotel and the city in link above.

Edit. Oh yeah, a couple of those pics are a little rude!
Looks like you had a great view Pips :tup Plenty of photo's there, many thanks :cheers
Hi Pip. loved looking at your photos, brought back memories of my visit to Lodz in the Summer this year, we stayed for four days. I loved the long street with statues we have a lot of photos the same, in the summer it was open air restaurants and cafes along that street. Loved your photos of Muse too, we have been to see them a couple of times but missed them this year in Glasgow.

Linda
Glad you enjoyed my pics, we really did have such a great trip :tup

Lodz is very much a city of contrasts, all very interesting. I'd definitely return if Muse or Kasabian play the Atlas Arena in the future, and would definitely stay at the Focus again.

You should catch Muse on the stadium tour next year, I'm doing Amsterdam, Coventry and both London dates :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.