Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I've had exactly the same in the past- my sister was supposedly in London and had been mugged. Usually with these, if they have hacked an account, its a mass email that sent out so the cc will probably have about another 20 addresses it has been sent too( all in aphabetical order)
We have had exactly the same one quite recently saying our Doctor friend from Goa was stuck in Madrid (how convenient as we live in Spain) and did not have any funds etc etc.
We were able to contact him via a different email address and it was all all rubbish.
waterproof wrote:
We have had exactly the same one quite recently saying our Doctor friend from Goa was stuck in Madrid (how convenient as we live in Spain) and did not have any funds etc etc.
We were able to contact him via a different email address and it was all all rubbish.

I've had emails like this before.
The 'poor victim' (who we apparently know) seems to be regularly stranded in Madrid(?!) having been mugged and without funds.
Sometimes the email has a phone number (allegedly) in Spain but, if checked, often has a '91' prefix.... It's in India.
Thanks for your replies, I feel better now. Would hate to think I had left someone stranded.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.