Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
But what is your case?
Nuf said Jim.

I'm sick and tired of hearing from people who never been to Magalluf spouting on about how it's full of hordes of drunken yobs, and a concrete jungle. The main reason that Magalluf was one of the first most popular resorts on this beautiful island, is due to it's south facing posiition, the fantastic natural beaches and the shelter it gets from the mountains / hills which seem to protect Magalluf, Palma Nova and Santa Ponca from some of the weather that comes from the North.

Of course there are lots of Hotels, they are there to accomodate the vast number of holidaymakers from all over Europe that make it their first choice for a Holiday. Hotels rarely get awards for their architectural excellence.

It is as near as you'll get to a year round resort on this Island. I notice that one of the reviewers on your link only gave 1 star for each of the categories, but he was referring to Palma Nova (Monroes etc) in January! The other person who didn't give high marks visited in November, when the resort is at it's quietest.

The vast majority of our visitors come back year after year, at all times of the year. Of course there are places which are a bit rowdier than others, of course there are stag and Hens Groups, but they hardly ever cause trouble, they are just in high spirits, enjoying themselves.

I never go onto other forums and criticize other resorts/ destinations, and I wish people with very little knowledge of this beautiful part of this beautiful Island would stick to facts - not fiction.

Cheers,

Adam
Best area in Majorca for fun and entertainment for all ages. Its a pity the Magaluf / Palanova area are not marketed more for the winter holidays.
I can not get a flight from N Ireland to Majorca after the end of October.

Robert
Absolutely agree Big Red.

We had the most fantastic weather through the "Winter" months, yet nearly all the Hotels were closed. There are some cheap flights about, although admittedly some airlines stop at the end of October.

To give you an idea of the difference - I've taken almost twice as much in the first week of May as I took in the whole of January and February put together!

Magalluf seems to be having a very good start to the season, with bookings up, and with the new House of Kathmandu (yet to open) as an added attraction, I think the town's in for a much needed upturn in trade.

Incidentally my wife, my son and I went to the Pirates Premiere on Saturday, and over 100,000 euros was raised for Great Ormond Street Hospital. The Show is further improved, and is another major attraction for Magalluf.

Cheers

Adam
I've been 3 times the last time being September last year and we are looking to go back Sept/Oct time this year.

I'm 35 my hubby is 45 and my son and friend are 17/18 everyone can do there own thing, there is something to suit us if we all want a night out together and the more livelier clubs for the youngsters at other times.

The bars like Goodfellows are ideal to start the night as a family and for us older ones to stay there.

Magaluf is beautiful and I get so annoyed of having to defend it against people who have never been there. The scenery is wonderful, the beaches to die for and it is spotlessly clean.

Leave Magaluf alone!
I have visited Magaluf and thought it was ok with a very good beach. Not sure about the 'beautiful' comment but compare it to some of the over-developed Spanish resorts on the mainland costas and it could well be. I won't slag them off either though because my idea of a great resort may not tally with others as everyone has different ideas of what their ideal resort is and what makes for a great holiday.

As far as I'm aware no one on this forum is having a go at Magaluf so making a point of defending something that isn't being accused of anything isn't really necessary.
What is the house of kathmandu??

we're off with the kids to the royal beach hotel in magaluf in july
I been to Magaluf twice now on a family holiday, would go back anyday :)
What is the house of Katmandu??

It's a new Himalayan-themed attraction in Magaluf. Read a little bit about it here http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=47320 and here http://www.houseofkatmandu.com/assets/media/press_kit_en.pdf
As far as I'm aware no one on this forum is having a go at Magaluf so making a point of defending something that isn't being accused of anything isn't really necessary. [unquote]

I take it you've not read much on this forum over the past couple of years. Hardly a week goes by without some one or another having a pop at what is almost certainly Majorca's most popular resort. I came here year after year on holiday, I bought a bar here, I live here with my family, and it annoys me intensely when people with little or no knowledge of the resort take every opportunity to slag it off. Hedonist Paradise was a favourite phrase of someone who was so interesting I've even forgotten his name, full of Lager louts is another popular phrase.

I've not joined this thread to boast, nor to promote my business, but to support a comment made by BigJimFin, which completely backs up my own opinion of a town where I spend 11 months of the year, and where hundreds, and hundreds of our customers of all ages, social backgrounds and nationalities choose to come back year after year.

Cheers

Adam
Sorry to disagree with you Goodfellow, but I will. This discussion forum is one I do read regularly and the comment that hardly a week goes by without someone having a pop at Magaluf in this forum is a sweeping generalisation that doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny. In truth, the vast majority of comments are actually very positive about the resort and most of the Magaluf HT resort reports are positively glowing about how good a resort it is. Admittedly, Magaluf has had some, on the whole, mainly unwarranted bad press that has probably given some people who have never been there the wrong impression but I'm struggling to find many examples of totally uninformed criticism of it on this particular forum. Much as we all like to defend and promote the places where we choose to live, work or holiday, like it or lump it we have to accept that one man's meat can sometimes be another man's poison.

It's very easy to let a small minority of negative comments affect us far more than scores of positive ones simply because they always have more impact on our personal sensitivities. The ones that hit a nerve are always the ones we remember most. I'm sure you will disagree but that's what I think has happened here.

Viva Magaluf I say!

Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.