Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Friday 13th!!!!
11 Posts
Wishing you all the best of luck lindylou. Is this going to be for good, or just over the summer?
Remember to log on to HT and let us all know what you are getting up to!!
Have a great time. :wave
We don't intend to come back but are renting our property here short term just in case it doesn't work out & will review the situation in 6-12 months. All being well we will sell up next yr & invest out there.

Thanks for your good wishes & I will be logging in just as soon as I get online out there!

:sun
Oooh Lindyloo lucky you. What made you decide on Skiathos and what are you going to do when you get there (work wise)? :shock:
At worst we have enough savings to survive a year but the intention is to try & find some bar work or similar for the first season. If we then decide its the right move & we like the Greek way of life, we will then sell our house here & invest in a small business out there maybe!

:wave

20 days & counting!!!!
oooh lindyloo, ill be there a couple of weeks after you get there, will have to get together for a drink, hope you have a fnatastic time
Hi Sallybear

Yes your not the only one on countdown, not seen a post for a week or two though so i'm not sure how many hours, minutes, seconds??

:hyper :hyper :hyper
Whereabouts on the island are you staying? I think we will be staying in Aghia Paraskevi initially, we have stayed there 3 times & have befriended some of the locals there.

18 days, 11 hours, 3 mins to take off, ha ha!!
oooh you KNOW you shouldnt have asked that question.......

39 days 12 hours exactly,

that is........948 hours

or 56880 minutes (or) 3412800 seconds

We are flying out on the 3rd of June, Kittys birthday, and we are having a special birthday dinner booked at The Windmill, I cant wait I am soooo excited. Aghia Parevski looks lovely, will probably try the beach, btu theres so many and we only have a week :(

I have some plans, will do a ncie boat trip try and see some of the marine life, also spending an afternoon horse riding, Kittys been riding for almost 2 years now but shes never seen me ride so we will get to spend a couple of hours riding together yey!!

Apart from that have no plans other than to enjoy our week.

Give me some tips pleease what should we do???

Sallybear
Hi Sallybear

Thanks for updating me on how many seconds you have left, I will sleep so much easier now, ha ha!

If you only do one thing while your out there, the marine park is a must!!
We had some amazing sightings of Dolphins, they swam along side & did leaps & jumps out of the water, the highlight of my hol!!

Wandering along the streets of Skiathos town of an evening is nice, we would normally spend a few hours browsing the many shops, have a beer in one of the bars along the way & watch the world go by before going for something to eat. Not tried the windmill but it is very highly recommended by all that have.

:glynis
Hi Sallybear!

I can hardly believe, it seems like yesterday when I had 20 days & counting!
We have so much to do & think about the days are a blur!! 4 more days in Blighty before we're on our merry way!

I bet the excitement is reaching high levels in your house too!! Got the bikinis & suncream packed yet?

If you're anywhere near Agia Paraskevi, pay a visit to Dimitri's pool & bar, a 5 min walk up the road by the 'Platanias' taverna which is close to the bus stop. You'll pass the taverna 'Avli' on your left, a few mins on you'll see a sign for this place, we'll be there most evenings, ask for Linda & Terry &join us for a 'Mythos' or two!!!

Yamas!
:glynis
lindyloo
we plan to visit there so will definately join you for a Mythos :-)

See you there and have a safe journey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.