Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Fuengirola
10 Posts
if you came last year you would have seen the prostitutes,they are the hair braiders generally,los boliches is about a mile from where you are staying,nice back street area of bars and restaurants not so hectic as fish alley,might be quiet in april tho

i only ever reccommend one restaurant and thats ponchos if you like steak,its in the same street as the las palmeras

good brit food is on the port at the marina bar where the food is homemade and because of competion is now half price or try plan b,whatever you do imho after 25 years in the catering industry do not go to the buffet next to that
wont put name here as it may be removed

i could tell you easier where not to go but would take a while
Re the prostitutes around the London Bar
I assume that you are coming over for a family holiday so unless you are in the London Bar until the early hours of the morning you will not see them at all. I do not know if it is the hair-braiders, seems unlikely to me and I have never heard that before.
They do not approach families and couples, just the pissed up blokes who stagger out of the London Bar very late at night.
As for places to eat, there are many very good Spanish places and very few good British places.
If you walk up to Los Boliches there is a square by the Confort hotel and a Spanish place called Mata hambre, fantastic tapas style food, there is very good grill restaurant beside it and a good fish restaurant called Carihuela Chica.
In Fuengirola, behind the Florida Spa hotel there is a fish bar/restaurant called Diamante, great food too. In the centre of Fuengirola on Calle San Pancreas are three tapas bars within 10 yards of each other, all very good. Around the corner from there towards Plaza de La Constitucion is a place called El Pintxo, in the square itself is a very good restaurant facing the church, beside the chemist in the square is marvellous churros cafe that does cakes and stuff. Walking down from the square to the sea on the right (past the post office) there are a couple of very good restaurants.
I really could go on and on, my only real advice is do not stick to the expat places.
sorry to jump on this thread but I'm coming to Fuengirola in May and I'd like to try some Tapas.

Having never tried them before, what is the etiquette involved? How many do I order? How much would I expect to spend?

cheers
Hi rutters ... if you go to the Fuengirola Restaurants topic and enter Tapas in the search box in the bottom left hand corner of the thread, you may be able to retrieve details of some previous recommendations.

David :wave
hi, just to second big chivs recomendation for mata hambre in los boliches, we were there last july and it was newly opened, fantastic ! must have a good reputation as the spanish were queing to get in, the menu was all in spanish, so we were glad to have our spanish dictionary ! great value and a great place to try out your spanish !!
Rutters, we are a family of 3 and we ordered 6 dishes which was about right for us, cost, maybe 22 euros with wine, you will love tapas, very civilised way to dine !
cheers,
juby
Try Remo, its opposite the front entrance to the Mecadona just by the petrol station behind the Stella Maris apartments, a small Spanish bar where four tapas and two glasses of wine cost 6 euro, wonderful sat outside under the orange tress.
22 euros for 6 tapas and wine i think you were ripped off unless you had potions {plate fulls} rather than tapas,,i have never paid more than 1,50 euros for tapas and i remember the old days when you bought a drink and the tapas were free those were the days :cry
There are still quite a number of places you get free tapas with a drink in Benalmadena, mainly in Arroyo de la Miel
valleylady, the 22 euros was with a bottle of wine, so not really a rip off !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.