France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Gites Websites
9 Posts
That looks interesting will have a good look at it! Thanks for the quick response!
We've justed booked a gite in Brittany via

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/France/r31.htm

You contact the gite owners direct which worked fine.
The best site by far is the "chez nous" website , thousands of suberb "book direct properties".Try Brittany for a first time trip.
We have accommodation in Brittany and one of the best sites for ease of use that we advertise on is owners direct.

Its a good website and offers a lot of choice
Hi

If you find accommodation on Owners Direct or similar, how do you know it'll be OK? Is it just a risk you have to take? We've found a suitable gite in France, but it just feels a bit strange sending off a cheque to a private individual and then of course there's the security deposit...

We did rent an apartment in Portugal a couple of years ago which we found off Owners Direct...it worked out fab. and we had a wonderful holiday. But afterwards I started to think of all the things that could have wrong...

Any thoughts anyone?
Chez Nous is definitely the best site . Check out ref 16832 , def perfect place for you in Brittany
With regards to answering your question about how you trust a private individual's accommodation, are they being truthful, are they honest, have they got the facilities that they reportedly offer, etc, etc......

We are in the holiday rental market and if I am honest I don't know how I can convince you and get you to trust me.....we personally have a good website, have a lot of info, am in the middle of getting tourist board approval, etc......what makes us a far harder market is that we have wheelchair/disabled accessible accommoation, so it really is a market based on trust....are the doors wide enough, will I really get into the shower, is there really no steps, etc.

Our customers have dictated that they want to book with the owner direct, they want the savings, they want good customer service, they want a personal service, hence this is the way that we now operate. They are interested in getting value for money, etc So now the majority of holiday homes are rented direct with the owner, rather than through a large travel company.

If you do have questions, or need more information, then ask the owner....get more photos, ask the difficult questions, anybody that is open and upfront will answer you honestly. Ask if they have any customer feedback or comments, ask if you could contact previous guests.

Most of us, although there are a few dishonest ones, I am not denying that, will be more than happy, will send you whatever you need, will answer your questions, etc.

Hope this helps. Jacqui
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.