Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
try coco beach, fishings not great but hel catch something. nice quiet beach with shacks. we liked it anyway lol
thanks, we will give it a try
Ok, the best time to fish is either at sunrise or at sunset so maybe those times don;t particularly tie in with when you'll be sunbathing but in any case at Coco Beach you can fish off the rocks to the left as you face out to sea or if you wade across the Nerul River (at low tide) you can fish of fthe rocks to the right as you face out to sea.

You can go trolling off Coco Beach. Ask Nicky in Lovely Jubly Shack to put you in touch with a guy named Blackie.

We have caught big Snappers; Groupers and Barrumundi trolling but only Pomfret off the rocks - still they taste real good.

Beach casting you can more or less take your pick of beaches. I have NEVER seen anyone catch anything beach casting in Goa.

I would guess your hubby will want to be fishing over or near rocks so any of the following will be good.

Ashvem Beach - at a place called Rock Bites, which is a shack/ hut place. It's a rocky outcrop along the beach but only at high tide.

The extreme north end of Big Vagator, under the Chapora Fort. There are two shacks there also.

Little Vagator, plenty of rocks and plenty of shacks.

Morjim Beach, actually just before you get to the beach, you'll sea a very small marina with fishing boats. Just before the marina, kind of in the river esturary there are some good spots.
thanks, thats a great help
:sun :sun hi janefulton IF you are just looking to chill out I know a good beach you can try (ashvem beach)...its very nice you will like it there :cry: :cry: .a good beach shack on ashvem is the golden eye ...food class...as for the fishing cant help you at all...the beach is about 45 mns in a taxi and that cost 600..rps from calangute ....there is a man selling ice lollies and a man selling fruit but they dont torture you if you want it ....you go to them :pele hope this helps you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.