Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
gouves
4 Posts
Hi Ya MH1
I been to Crete twice last time was June 2004 stayed in Hersonassis.
Was through Gouves and though it was a bit too quiet, not much in it.

But this may be just what you like.

All the best
Drifter :gluck
Click Here For our resort reports for this area. 8)
Gouves is very quite,but its not,I dont think,especially scenic.

We stayed there for a week,back in october 2004,at the Blue Aegean aparts.We had wanted a relaxing holiday,which was fortunate because that exactly what Gouves offered :)

The main resort area of Gouves is centered along one long 'strip' of bars,tavernas and restaurants.Depending on where you stay,this can be reached by walking along the quite sea front - and there are one or two delightfull little tavernas along the beach to make the walk that bit more interesting :wink:

Its worth noting that Gouves is pretty close to Heraklion and lies directly beneath the flight path - but in the week that we stayed,we didnt find the noise to be especially intrusive....

As I say,its been a while since I stayed there,so maybe its changed since,but I hope this has been some help to you :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.