Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Gozo Hotels
13 Posts
Hi Slim, stayed at the Plaza Regency this time last year and it was absolutely fine, can't comment on the Waterfront as we have never stayed there, I do know where it is though and it is in a very good position, good choice of having Sliema as your base, you couldn't really be in a better place for touring, ask any questions and I will try to help you, we are due back in Sliema this week and counting the seconds.

Ciao for now
Sliema2
All three hotels in Gozo are good - The Grand is not noisy - great rooms at the front, with massive balconies.
Oh yes, is there anything in particular you want to know about any of the three hotels
Hello there

I wasn't wanting one of the Gozo hotels to be within walking distance of the beach thats why I had thought of the Calypso. But the brochure put me off it looked a bit busy. The other half had a bit more sense. After reading the guide book think we'll hire a car for a couple of days to find the more secluded beaches.

Think we are going for the Grand and the Waterfront.

Now just pricing between Belleair and Thompson!

Belleair Flight arrives v late but they have said the ferry runs all night!
Hi Slim, you should be aware that the ferry won't run if the weather is very bad which I know is unlikely in summer but it has happened, however, they are re:establishing the air link between Malta and Gozo, so you should be ok.

Sliema2
when will you be in Malta, as the ferries don't run all night except in the summer (end-June onwards)

http://www.gozochannel.com/
When comparing prices don't forget to include Chevron Air Holidays. We have always found them to be far cheaper that Thomsons and Belleair for the same hote.

Mandy
also worth calling the hotels directly
We've decided to go with Thompson We're flying on the 9th Aug and it arrives quite early the Belleair one was 12amish. Staying for 2 weeks!

Tried Chevron but they say they don't do Gozo and we do fancy the twin centre.

Going to book the Grand thanks for the reviews and the Waterfront.

Just having standard Thompson rooms and will say a wee prayer that Honeymoon Upgrades are available!

Thanks for your help.

Will let you know how we get on.
Stayed at the Grand Hotel about four/five years ago, it was ok, the rooms were quite big and the balcony was large. Food was ok the only let down at this time was the Gym, not properly functional and some of the equipment was a little dangerous. This was however a good few years ago!!! It is not noisy and the views are quite good!! This year i am trying Malta as Gozo was perhaps a little quiet!
We decided to go ahead. Have booked the Grand and then we're saying in Sielma for 7days at the waterfront.

Do you remember in there are any Sandy beaches near the Grand. Do you think its worth while hiring a car for 3 days in Gozo? All we are wanting it for is to take us to the Sandy beaches.
Hi Slim

there are three sandy beaches in Gozo, all of which you need transport to get to from the Grand - best is Ramla. Definitely hire a car, as Ramla about 5 miles from hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.