Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Mick,
Did you catch a bus from a 'bus stop' or was it a coach as in transfers?I hope you understand that !! :oops: :oops:
I have read other posts about people getting a bus from the airport i'll try and find those. Also how much was the fare?
Thanks

Karen
I'm not sure about the ice cream at the pool bar, there were ice cream vending machines that cost 2 euros our son loved the cookie ones from there so we didnt ask about any from the bar. We never had an issue getting a sunbed, I did go down most mornings around 9, plenty of beds and tables, but only managed to get a parasol twice. There were a couple of days when we went out early and returned for lunch around 1 ish, ther were still plenty of beds available then. There are plenty of shady places away from the pool, but it did get really hot around the pool in the afternoons if it wasnt breezy.

The weather was fab, we did have an electrical storm one night that lasted about 3 hours and the entertainment was taken inside. We didnt stay to listen as the noise from all the people in there was pretty loud.
The last Sunday morning was cloudy too, but as we visited the Bonavista market that day (excellent shoe bargains!) it didnt really matter. We went out to get a bus to the market the hotel receptionists will tell you where to go. In the end a bus didnt arrrive so 4 of us shared a taxi which cost 17 euros but would have cost more on the bus. The hotel receptionists will give you a good idea of how much it costs to go to places from the hotel.

We went to the Aquopolis waterpark in Pineda, excellent, my son is only 5 so was quite restricted with how many rides he could go on but if you have children it is a fab day out.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time, dont forget to post here to let me know. If you want to know anything else, dont worry I will try to answer.

I also work with a Karen who's husband is Peter too, must be popular names.
Thanks i'm sure we'll have a great time.
Me and Pete stayed in Pineda a couple of years ago(just the two of us...bliss)and we went to Aquapolis, do they still have the dolphin show and do you know if you can still swim with the sealions as my daughter wants to do that?

Thanks again... not long now...5 days and counting!!!

Karen
Yes the dolphin show is still on and yes you can sign up to swim with the sealions, but I think I would find that pretty scary really. I really am jealous and wish we were going back in 5 days time.

(there is a very dishy barman there called Francis, eyelashes like a camel, you know it's nice to just take in the scenery!! lol.)

Hope you have a great holiday.
Thanks for the info.
My daughter is 13 and has no fear of anything what-so-ever, so i'm sure she'll be fine with the sealions-i don't know about me watching her though!! :lol: :lol: She swam with dolphins last year in Portugal and loved that.

I'll keep an eye out for Francis, you can't go abroad and not look at the scenery can you? :D :D

Karen
Hi Karen,

Re: Airport Bus to La Hacienda - when you come out of Reus Airport there will be loads of taxis, directly opposite will be a "Plana Bus" with a guy holding up a sign for "Any Hotel in Salou/La Pineda/Cambrils".

We asked him how much, it was 5.50 Euros for each of us (there were 4 of us) and we would be at our hotel in 10 minutes. The buses are excellent in Spain as are the trains - so the kids thought it was fun.

He will ask you if you want picking up as well - that is your choice. We took a cab back to the Airport which was 30 Euros purely so we were not waiting around and be at the airport rather than going round Salou picking other people up. But as Pineda is first drop it's a good service. 8)

The resort (Pineda) is a good base (quieter than Salou,) and the hotel we found to be perfectly fine so I'm hoping you will have a wonderful time.
Hi Mick,
Thanks for the info about the bus.
Hubby and I went to Pineda a couple of years back and loved it.We went into Salou a couple of times but thought it was a bit 'in your face'.
I think we paid about 3o-35 euros then for a taxi for just the two of us, and it took about 20 mins.

I'm sure we'll all have a good time although my son has come down with a bug today, back ache,headache,sore throat and ear ache.I'm debating whether to take him to the docs or not because if he has an ear infection he won't be able to swim :cry: :cry:

Karen
In regards to my last post, if my son has an ear infection will he be allowed to fly?Does anyone out there know?

Thanks
Hi guys were home :cry: :cry:
Had a great time, hotel very nice.Had a room over looking the road but didn't bother us.you dont spend all day in your room do you?

My son had tonsillitas so was abit poorly until saturday but was fine after that.
We went to Port aventura on the night ticket to see the fireworks at midnight...fantastic.
Also went to Aquapolis and my daughter went in with the sealions which she thoroughly enjoyed.

The hotel is lovely and clean and had no probs getting sunbeds with umbrella at 10am.The pool was lovely,not too busy at all and it wasn't boiling hot, which is one thing i was afraid of,a nice heat but still hot enough to get a nice tan!!

My husband and son enjoyed the football everyday and my daughter loved the water polo and volleyball, winning most of the time!!
We would recommend this hotel and would definetely go back....tomorrow please!! :lol: :lol:
Welcome home, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it too. How's Francis?! :)
Couldn't find Francis but a guy called Enrique was pleasing on the eye!! :D :D
Getting excited!!! :D :D

Hubby has just suggested we go back-just the 2 of us-in October around the 10th for 3 or 4 days :pele
Just looking on the internet and can get flights and hotel half board all in for £193.00 for the 2 of us.....very tempting.

Don't know what sort of weather we will have if anyone has any info would appreciate it eg..how hot and if sunny or not.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.