America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
There seemed to be a few when we were there. Have a look here for one lot :)
We got ours from the airport in Vegas, the alternative company bussed you to Boulder City and flew from there. I am pretty sure you cant fly from the canyon itself :think . We landed at a mock up outpost for an hour but you could not start from there.
We stayed in Canyon Village a few years ago and the Helicopter depot was next door and operating trips from here.
I didnt do it as I have not get a head for heights. :rofl
Thanks........ I did come across the Canyon Village option the other day. Mind you ...........not saying I'll be doing it. Would need to have a serious think plus a few drinks!! ;)
We did our helicopter tour with Papillon............I was sooooo scared, but have to say it will continue to be one of the most amazing times of my life!!!!
Oh I love to do that trip, but doubt if I'll ever get over there as not keen on long haul flights. :(
If you dont want to do the trip there is an Omax theatre in Canyon Village and the presentation is so realistic I felt travel sickness!
I really felt as if I was in the canyon travelling along the river. :rofl
Hi

Has anyone done the bus tour to the Grand Canyon, dont really fancy the helicopteror the plane tour.

Whats the journey like, is it straight roads?

Thankyou.
Hello

Should I book Grand Canyon tour in advance or just wait til I get there?

Thankyou
We drove there, it is about 250 miles to the South Rim. The roads are straight and very boring.

My brother and SIL did a bus tour and they booked it just the day before at one of the ticket places on the strip. I don't know how much it cost, but it was in 2009, so may be outdated if I did ask them.
We used MAVERICK they were fantastic, after the champagne in the grand canyon, we went rafting down the colorado river, excellent company and huge helicopters.
http://www.maverickhelicopter.com/default.aspx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.