Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello JAC123,We stayed at the Greenland Hotel two years ago and would use this hotel again.We stayed in the new part of the hotel, the rooms were first class we were told that the rest of the hotel ie the older rooms were to be upgraded later that year however i do not know if this has happened.
The food in the buffet restraunt was very good with a good selection every meal and as i am the pickiest eater you will ever meet i put on weight ! As for location it is in Ovacik and it is just a walk down the hill to the resort centre and a further stroll down in to Hisonaru ( i have done it several times and i am over 60 :rofl . However the local dolmus stops on the main road which is just a short walk away allthough uphill on the way back and taxis are available thru out the area.
The resort of Olu deniz is a bus ride away ( about 10-15 mins ) and the hotel had a free bus on to take guests down to the beach everyday. From the hotel you can catch local buses to these resorts as well as Fethia ( might be spelt wrong ) which is the nearest big town that has a nice harbour, retraunts, market etc. You can also visit the ghost village again on local bus.
I hope you find this of some use ,do not hesitate to ask anything else
ps i posted some pictures in the media gallery of the hotel which you can view .

Regards
:cheers Alan
Thank you very much for your help :)
Are there any trips/ things to do in the day that you would recommend?
You can go Parasending from the top of the local mountain the cost is about £60-£100 but worth every penny although not for the faint hearted :yikes
Alan
We are also booked in at the Greenland on the 15th June - can anyone tell me if they do Whisky - some reviews say they do and some say they don't ... it is my husbands 'tipple' so need to know if we will have to take a bottle...What date are you going JAC123 ?
Are there any trips/ things to do in the day that you would recommend?

There's a nice local one day excursion which you can buy at many of the tour offices in town, going to Tlos - the ancient city - and to the Salikent Gorge. One of the nice bits about this day out is a lunch at Yakapark Trout farm, where there's a channel cut into the stone bar, through which swim trout.
So you can learn to tickle a trout as you drink an excellent dark Turkish beer, before sampling a wonderful trout lunch.
(you don't eat the one you tickled!)
In 2010 only £13 including lunch but not drinks.
Highly recommend the trip quoted above, I've done it twice. My mates villa is in Ovacik very near the Greenland, I personnaly think it benefits from being a bit further out as Hisaroun can get quite noisy of a night. The walk is very easy and enjoyable and if you're not up for walking there are plenty of Dolmuses for very litte money. I'm going in October again for my 14th time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.