Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
grenada
6 Posts
Hi We stopped off at Grenada on a cruise last month and had a brief trip round the island it was a great place and we meet a young couple who had been on holiday for two weeks staying in a hotel the only thing i can remember was that they said is that they would come back again because it was the best holiday they could remember, they had a car on hire which they said was vital, not much help but it was a lovely place.

Good luck
Roger
Yep I've been Really nice place. Not as over-developed and busy as say, Barbados, but more facilities than somewhere like St Lucia I found. A good, middle-of-the-road place, with some great restaurants. we went about 4 years ago though, so assuming it's not be massively developed since then, I'd recommend it.

Would be an easy place to hire a car in my opinion too. Highly recommend the Aquarium restaurant.

Lisa xx
Thanks for the info it helps me make up my mind. never thought about hiring a car so thanks for the advice.
I went in Nov 07 - we stayed in an all inclusive hotel, so didn't go too far, we just wanted a week's relaxation. We did manage to hire a jeep and drove round the island, the scenery is beautiful, but be prepared to get lost as apart from around the capital St Georges, there are very few road signs :que
However , the locals were so friendly, giving us directions and waving as we passed - I don't think they see many middle aged blonde ladies making odd manoevres (sp) in jeeps :rofl
Anyway. we throughly enjoyed it and would have liked a few more days to see some more - go and I'm certain you will love it
We stayed at the Rex Grenadian, very near the airport, but don't worry, there's not many flights and the planes don't come over the hotel. It's only a 3 star hotel, we found the staff friendly and helpful, but there are a lot of steps, so not too good if you have a mobility problem, but helps to walk off the lovely food and cocktails.
Yep agree with Liz, stayed at the Rex about four years ago, really nice. The locals are lovely, we hired a taxi for the day to take us all round the island and on route we met the taxi drivers son, his brother and then he stopped off at his house and got us some mango's. Also the market in St. Georges is something to try, again lovely people and very funny.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.