Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think your Mum would be better of going to Icmeler or Bodrum, Gumbet is really for the young out to have a ball, thats not to say there are not some bars for the older group, Bodrum is gorgeous, plenty to do and see.
Who could fault Icmeler for entertainment factor ? good variety for all ages.
If your Mum likes Benidorm she is not going to like Gumbet, but I think she should give Turkey a try, like the rest of us she will probably love it and wont want to go any where else, sorry :roll:
Hi, I tend to agree with Joan. Gumbet is nothing like Benidorm (thank goodness for that). However, my husband and I enjoyed it and we're in our 40s. It all depends what sort of a holiday she enjoys. I don't remember any live bands or shows as such unless it was girls table dancing. Oh we did see one show called "The talk of the town" which was a drag artist show - it was hilarious and we had a great night there. I hope you're mum will give Turkey a try (In my opinion, it wins hands down over Benidorm)
When she has a few hours to spare tell her to read all the posts on here about it :wink:
I personally think there is something for everyone in Gumbet but if you cant find something in a evening Bodrum is only a 5 minute taxi ride or you can jump on the Dolmus

:D
Why dont you plot your mum up in Bitez, its only a short ride from Gumbet and Bodrum, then she has the best of both worlds, you only have to read the reports on Bitez to know she would love it. There is some really nice accomodation in Bitez as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.