General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hand luggage
11 Posts
Generally the dimensions are 22 18 10 but you need to check your airline as it can vary.
Is Really Light the name of the luggage as I couldn't find it on google.
Thanks for quick reply, I will need to check the name . It was out of matalan
We bought a Sub Zero hand luggage case to maximise the amount we could carry on - but there are a couple of problems we've experienced:-
1. Its allowed on EasyJet BUT its bigger than the size that they GUARANTEE to allow in the cabin on busy flights -if they are very full it MAY have to go in the hold.
2. It was too big for a Thomas Cook flight recently because I think they have reduced the allowed max size and it was too deep altho' the height/width were OK.
All airlines differ in their hand luggage allowances. There is no normal, but the max size for any airline is 56 x 45 x 25. I've got 2 Sub Zero cabin cases. The smaller one is great for Ryanair, Lufthansa etc and the larger one is standard IATA measurements, so fine for Jet2 and Easyjet larger size.

Thomas Cook increased their hand luggage sizes, not reduced them. They're the same as Ryanair and Easyjet smaller size.
Are you pleased with your sub zero case Sunaddict? I've looked at them but they seem quite flimsy.
Glynis,Have a look at the Aerolite cases.
We bought these and they are stronger than Sub zero but very light.They have 4 wheels and the ones we bought were the Paris spinner ones.
I love them Glynis.

The smaller one has been pinched by hubby and it goes to Germany every week. The other one is safe because it's pink and patterned.

We also have a large one which we check in. It's done several flights with around 25kg in and it's like new. We take a Tripp wheeled trolley bag too which is nearly ripped through in places after the same number of trips. We'll be buying another Sub Zero to replace if before our next trip.
Jay Trip wrote:
Glynis,Have a look at the Aerolite cases.
We bought these and they are stronger than Sub zero but very light.They have 4 wheels and the ones we bought were the Paris spinner ones.

Thanks Jay. We tend to do short haul budget so every ounce counts :tup
Sunaddict wrote:
I love them Glynis.

The smaller one has been pinched by hubby and it goes to Germany every week. The other one is safe because it's pink and patterned.

We also have a large one which we check in. It's done several flights with around 25kg in and it's like new. We take a Tripp wheeled trolley bag too which is nearly ripped through in places after the same number of trips. We'll be buying another Sub Zero to replace if before our next trip.

Ahh interesting as hubby uses a nylon Tripp large case that I bought of the car booty for £8 :tup He's ok as doesn't take too much.....it's me...... :oops: with all my fumph :oops:
The only thing I do like about my Titan case is, it has the spinner wheels that Jay mentions. I l.o.v.e those wheels. Just kick the case along the queue, but, more importantly you can just 'walk' with it instead of pulling it.

Oh dear .... Decisions :think weight or walk/ kick along.......... :think
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

Ahh interesting as hubby uses a nylon Tripp large case that I bought of the car booty for £8 :tup He's ok as doesn't take too much.....it's me...... :oops: with all my fumph :oops:
The only thing I do like about my Titan case is, it has the spinner wheels that Jay mentions. I l.o.v.e those wheels. Just kick the case along the queue, but, more importantly you can just 'walk' with it instead of pulling it.

Oh dear .... Decisions :think weight or walk/ kick along..........

You can get the Sub Zeros as 4 wheeled spinners. Dragging a large case doesn't bother me. It's a good workout if you swap arms half way through. My cabin bag only has a max of 10kg anyway so I don't even bother wheeling it. I just carry it. :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.