Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hanioti
7 Posts
Hi Ive been to Hanioti three times and may even be going again the end of may until beginning of June for a fortnight.
Its a great place you'll love it.
Where are you staying?
Hi we are staying at the Vicky Apartments
Margaret(madmum) :sun2
That sounds familiar but I cant think exactly where it is other than quite central.
Hanioti is very low Key and is a summer resort, everyone who stays and works there in the summer goes to the city of Thessalonika to live in the winter.
There isnt any nightclubs as such so there is no rowdy single sex groups or anything like that.
It is mainly families or couples.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars to have a meal and drink.
Plenty of shops and mini supermarkets which sell everything from shampoo to nappies.
There is a popular place called the Hot Goblin too which does huge jacket potatoes with whatever filling, they all do sarnies/baguettes for flights and english brekkie if thats what you want.
We tend to visit The tropicana and the Gusto Italian Restaurant in the square for the best evening meal such as stuffed peppers/tomatoes etc or Italian food. Stones bistro is good for breakfast as is the Amethystost too. There are plenty of restaurants we haven't even visited them all yet and we have been three times!
Seeing as you are called madmum I take it you are taking the kids?
If so there is a few parks , a place called fairtopia with trampolines/bouncy castles etc for the little ones and also a mini 4x4 circuit.
Let us know if you need to know anything else.
Hi Bunny74, the reason for my name is that our kids are grown up and with 15 grandchildren :offtop it kind of makes you a wee bit mad. we are looking forward to our holiday this time as we have never done mainland Greece always the islands so at our ages its a big change but we are still young at heart, who knows we may see you there
Regards
Margaret(madmum) :cheers
Oh My that is a lot of Grankids, and I thought our family was big!
Halkidiki is definatley more Greek than the Popular Islands such as Kos , rhodes, corfu and zante etc.
However you will find a lot of english there during your visit as Hanioti is the most popular resort in the brochures as it attracts return visitors.
If I go again I will be going on the 22nd May but not sure yet, maybe it is time for a change who knows , It depends what deals I see in the next few weeks.
We normally stay at the Lesse hotel a short walk from the centre.
Anyway hope you enjoy your hols and Im sure you will return very relaxed and chilled out.
Bunny74, Vicky apts are up behind Dionysos hotel which is opposite Amethystos bar/restaurant. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.