Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I went for a week in Oct 2011 with mother and aunt, booked with Thomson. It was our first experience of AI.

First the positives. The welcome, arrived around 915pm, restaurant still open for us. Our room was ground floor, garden view, had own pool and comfortably accommodated 3 adults (albeit I slept on sofabed). Modern, clean rooms, endless supply of bottled water. Food and drink abundant, how they managed to deliver so much food and drink amazed us. AI drinks clearly marked on bar menu. Plenty of sunbeds (but may be different at height of season!), beach towels. A la carte restaurant good, if limited menu (one visit per week per stay). Above all, nothing too much trouble for staff.

The negatives. Two days bad weather (not their fault!) so on one day had to move lunch from taverna to main restaurant. Insufficient seating in main lounge area meant guests either sitting on steps or too far away from entertainment. Restaurant at dinner very loud, perhaps some softer lighting, soothing background music would have tempted people not to shout! Animation team disappointing, didn't know what to do during the bad weather.

If you want to go into Kos Town, bus stops outside hotel. Buy tickets at Reception as up to 30% cheaper than on bus. Rep will give you a timetable. Nothing in vicinity except go-kart track. Be cheeky about an upgrade, but you may be lucky like us and get a good room. The reviews on another site (can I mention Trip Advisor?) are very helpful, I've also posted there. Would return!
Hi Jan

what would you like to know
we went last year fell in love with it and have booked to go back 31st July for two weeks

ps no kids anywhere

regards
mark
We have booked to go on 4th Sept for 11nights - cant wait.
We ended up going last July and loved it - very relaxing ambiance, good food in the buffet restaurant, lovely pools (we opted to stay around the pool with the snack bar - yummy crepes and toasties all day! - also a bit quieter). There's not much of a resort - the hotel is by itself on a main road but the bus to Kos town runs very regularly if you fancy a night out or some shopping, day trips to Turkey etc. Weather was fabulous.

Hired a car for one day and managed to see most of the island - this is a great option, the island is tiny and there's not a huge amount to see... also the excursions are really expensive. Definaitely recommmend the sunset at Zia but again dont pay for the excursion, drive the car up, free parking on main road, pay 3 euros to go into the wildlife park on the hillside.... the have sunset viewing areas and it is desserted, a hidden gem, and worth the 3 euros for a bit of privacy (however also nice to feed the animals!). There are plenty of restaurants of you want food but we made it back to the hotel in time for the end of dinner!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.