Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Were going in July, have just received email warning of construction work nearby, dont know any more details yet.

Please do not post in capital letters as it is considered to be shouting in net ettiquette.
Thanks
Hi scaredofdaleks, yes we just got the same warning email and I am a bit surprised, particularly as it has been decscribed as quiet and secluded in most of the reports. I have tried asking them for a reduction in price, why don't you do the same, if we all try this they might agree to it. After all no-one wants to spend a week next to building site do they ? Planning permission must have been in place at time of booking so it's a bit naughty but at least they've been honest in telling us. I'll let you know of their response.
Just got back from a week at the villa paradis in Salou. The accomodation is very nice, however the is a very very large construction site just the other side of the garden wall to the rear of the villa and the pool area. We were covered in dirt and dust. Also the house next door is currently being completely refurbished pneumatic drills were being used up to 20:00 each night. We had to go and ask them to stop to allow our child to sleep.
Thanks for your comments, sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I'm sorry that your family had to put up with all that, it's not on really is it ! If I were you I'd ask for some compensation. I already have and I don't go until October. They should give you something back for all the noise, dust etc, after all it's decscribed as an idyllic peaceful residential area in all the websites. I'm just hoping that most of it will be done by October but knowing the speed that locals work at I'm not expecting too much. Did you like Salou and the surrounding area, theme park etc ?
I too got the warning e-mail from them in March. From the building works, would you say the site started before March? Would you say they told us about the building works as soon as they started or did they take their time over the warnings?

I'm slightly suspicious as the web page where we made the booking only recently added a "Tranquility" rating to it. Its rated at just 1 star out of 5. I'm sure it wasn't on the page at all at time of booking.
I'm sure they knew about the building work well before March. The first email I got was dated 26th March saying it started a few weeks ago. I am determined not to let this spoil my holiday however and the best way to approach this is with the true British bulldog spirit. If however you find it has ruined your holiday then hit them with a big compensation claim. :twisted:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.