Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Haven't stayed there though I would like to visit as it looks lovely.
a website with good info and pictures is http://www.koycegizrealestate.net/
Hope that helps
I stayed there for 3 nights a few years ago. It's a pleasant little town on the northern shore of Lake Köyceğiz (this turns into the Dalyan river at its southern end & reaches the sea at Turtle beach).

There's a pretty lakefront promenade with a number of restaurants & very pleasant public park/gardens with tearooms. The town square has a number of cheaper cafes and pide salonus.

There is a boat co-operative in the harbour where you can get trips to the mud baths, Kaunos etc. You can also hire a private one for a sunset trip round the lake - highly recommended.

Good bus connections to destinations along the south coast, and plenty of dolmuses to Marmaris, Mugla, Fethiye etc.

I think you can go swimming from certain parts of the shore, but we never tried it.

Excellent local market one day a week (Mon?) Not touristy - lots of fruit, veg, goat bells etc. :)
If you do a Google image search on koycegiz city map, you'll find a simple street map.

In short, a nice place.

- Tony -
Sorry, the link to the street map doesn't seem to work any more. If you want it, please send me a message & I'll email it.

- Tony -
We stopped at Koycegiz 3 years agoat Su Apart, and it was one of the best holidays i've had. It is a lovely resort, but there wern't many british there. Theres a long prom from where we stopped up to the harbour, where there are several resteraunts, cafes, and bars. It really is raw Turkey, but everyone was so friendly. There were cows, goats, and chickens etc, right outside our apartment, and the locals took them for milking every morning. At night all the locals were on the prom having barbques, and it is so laid back. We went on several boat trips to mud baths, hot water springs, and Dalyan. If you want to know anything else please ask.
Yes, Bill, I remember it was quite a tourist attraction, seeing those chickens getting milked! :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Tony -
Well i just knew someone would pick up on that as soon as i'd read what i'd put. Guess i should have previewed it first. Full marks to you anyway Tony, you're not a proof reader are you?. But it's nice to know someones reading my posts, lol. :D
Hi, mancity and all. Thanks for all your info so far. The 1 thing i can't wait for is to see these chickens :P :P :P . I had a good laugh when i read that. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.