Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
health checks
24 Posts
good advice :)
As for costs- seeing a doctor, getting an xray, being treated by a nurse and speaking with a surgeon(slightly over the top there :rofl ) cost me about £4.50.
Thanks for that gramps. We were going to have it done on our last visit,but it did'nt get done for one reason or another. I'm going to put it down as a must for January 2009.

Did you deal directly with the hospital or through a local doctor.
I simply checked the hospitals web site, decided which health check suited me ( they have a range of different options) then phoned them up direct, got an appointment for a couple of days time. They told me when to come, when to fast etc., it was as easy as that. Alan
I think thats a great idea Gramps and for £35 well worth it. I will have a look on their website, thanks for the great advise.
Gramps have just e-mailed the hospital for appointment for hubby and myself
your post was just what we needed to get us going.
Thanks Ann
We have booked to return to Goa for Feb 09,I know some of the H/T members have had check ups done whilst in Goa (and if I remember rightly I think they were at a hospital near Mapusa) is there anyone who has any info or may have had a check up done, as one of our friends is planning to have a check up.Any info regarding contact NO.S, price,and time it takes would be great..
Many Thanks...Keith...(KJF)
P.S
How far in advance would we be looking at to book an appointment...
Hi Keith,
Vrundavan Hospital in mapsa do the check ups. It costs around RS2900/- for a full MOT!! They have a hospital in Calangute now so I think the check ups can be done there. You can make an appointment a few days in advance and you get the results on the same day.
GFF xx
Hi Keith we had the checks done in the same hospital last month,phoned the day before,
app for 08;30,you have to fast from 19:00 the previous evening,after the first blood test
you can have breakfast,saw the DR at around 13:30 with results but had to return next
morning for print out ect.I can send you a Health Check Programme if you pm me with your
address,the Calangutte hospital had not started the health checks while. we were there
ann
Thanks for pm Keith, programme in post.
ann
I think I remember reading somewhere on the forum about a place in panjim that does a full body scan and does a full health check all done on the same day does anyone know anything about this please the price ect ......colleen
Have a look at this-

http://www.vrundavanhospital.com/health-checks.php

it is in Mapusa near to Children Walking Tall so I am sure that poipleshadow will be able to tell you more than I can. Now they have the hospital in Calangute they may do them there.

I have had a body scan here and the equipment was very up to date - cost somewhere around £50 and had a mammogram a Vrundavan in Calangute and that was about £8

The food in the canteen at the Mapusa one is very good - snack type - that is all my OH goes for ;)
Thank you so much narial hubby and I have been talking about going and getting a good health check I will talk it over with him .....can I ask you what did they do when you got your body scan ..what can the scan tell you ....thanks ......colleen
Irishcolleen I remember Gramps posting that he had this done last season, certainly seems worthwhile and great vale for money as well.
Irishcolleen I think this is the thread that Gramps posted about the health checks :)
Yes gemma thanks this is what I was looking for maybe Fiona could put the two threads together :think if she knows what I mean :rofl colleen
irishcolleen - have pm'd you
That was the same hospital that Gramps posted on .I wrote it down in my little black book .
Hi IC
my 25 yr old son had the full check done last season at Vrundavan mapusa but i think they are also doing it at the calangute Vrundavan now too, its brilliant the only thing i would say is they sometimes forget to tell you to fast from midnight!!! but it very thorough and cheap, they picked up he had high cholestral but apart from that was fighting fit... i have gtreat faith in the Goa hospitals as some of you know, they saved my mums life and also my husbands...cant say better than that! :) and we had private health care here in Uk that didnt pick up anything prior to this...even for my daughter who had been ill prior to her visit to see us also had private health care in UK and was fobbed off and when she went in for an unrelated allergy in Goa they found a mass on her liver and kidney stones.........all in one day there!!! just about says it all!!!The Vintage in Panjim is also a good hospital (private one)
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.