UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi tootsie sorry for your loss.

I have been taking a quick look for you (do a google search for 'Glasgow airport hotels') and the cheapest I can find is the Travelodge at the airport which is £50 for a double room per night.
The Travelodge is easily walkable from the airport in about 8-10 minutes so you can save on a taxi if it is dry, when you come out of the airport just ask one of the staff or security and they will point you in the right direction.
A rough guide is when you come out of the airport turn right and then left as you pass the mutli-storey carpark and follow the road under the motorway and the travelodge is just at the otherside of the motorway.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/index.php

Regards
Graham
Thanks so much for that Graham - I'm going to book the Travellodge. It means we dont have to hire a car until the Wednesday morning - and its a really reasonable rate.

Thank you for looking for me.
Hi tootsie ... sorry to hear of your loss. If you haven't already rented the car, you may find this company cheaper than some of the on-site airport firms:
http://www.arnoldclarkrental.com/

David :wave
:think Great minds think alike.

If you need a taxi the airport white cars are expensive so can I recommend Arkleston Radio Cars Ltd who will come within a few minutes from Renfrew - 0141 886 3333‎.

Graham
wow - how lovely are you all - to be honest I just couldnt get the momentum to start looking - due to the sad circumstances - my husband has already booked a car but I dont know what company its with. The Travellodge is now booked.

Hopefully we can walk over to the Travellodge and back the next morning to pick up the car at the airport.

Im amazed that you all posted so quickly - thank you SO much.
tootsie ... weather-wise, you may want to come prepared for all eventualities, especially if it happens to be a burial rather than cremation. It may be no different from where you are, but amidst the hot and sunny spells, there have been some torrential downpours here in recent days (including another one just now) and some localised flooding.

Thank you David - Ive packed my trusty mini brolly to be on the safe side - its actually a cremation but I will be walking around obviously also.

And I probably would have forgotten about that!
We stayed at the Ramada right next to the hotel a few years back. We got a decent deal on the room if I recall. I think we paid £75 for 2 nights in a double B&B
Just wanted to thank you all.

Everything went as smoothly as these things can.

The travel lodge was absolutely fine - the room was comfortable and clean and the power shower was amazing - for £50 for both of us it was very reasonable.

Just a word of warning if anyone else is staying - DONT eat at the Ramada opposite. We ate an evening meal in the Ramada - not recommended!

But that was a very minor issue.

Thanks again for all your help in finding and giving me directions to the Travellodge :wave:
Glad to hear arrangements went smoothly, tootsie.

Hi tootsie :wave:

Glad we could all help and take a little stress off you.

Take care
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.