General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Perhaps you can give us a little more information, such as budget and distance you want to travel.

Mark :D
Hi, my maximum flight time would be under 5 hours, airports - Manchester/Doncaster/East Midlands/Birmingham. Don't fancy Tunisia or Benidorm! Hope this helps, cheers, Lesley :D
Sorry, forgot to mention budget. Me and my husband are used to travelling as a couple and can't get our heads round having to pay for 2 children! So under £1,000 total would be nice although free child places would be nicer! Not sure if these are available in 4 or 5* hotels though? Lesley :)
Is it for 1 or 2 weeks and which month would you wish to travel?

One week in June or Sept you might meet your budget of £1000, but 2 weeks in July or August, even with a free childs place you might need to double it. :shock:
A good place to start might be http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk and http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk put in your dates, 2 adults & 2 children, AI or HB and see what the sites come up with.

If it seems expensive you could then try to DIY by checking flight websites and accommodation only web-sites.

Generally speaking on packages, places outside the Eurozone seem to be cheaper, ie Egypt Red Sea, Turkey, Tunisia etc.

Places that are cheaper to DIY are those that are about 2 hours away and the Budget carriers fly to ie Algarve, France, The Costas, but then you need to be prepared to travel on Easyjet, Ryanair or similar.
Hi, thanks for that. I've travelled with Portland before (pre kids) so know all about them. Never dealt with Eclipse though, so will give them a try. It's for 1 week, preferably out of school hols - September or Oct/Nov if Egypt a cheap enough option. Been to El Gouna in Red Sea just the 2 of us but it's proving very expensive having high 1st and 2nd child places in this resort. I'll keep looking though.... 8)
If you want to keep the cost down make sure you avoid the last week in October because that's usually half-term for most areas of England and you'll find prices will rocket. Going the first week in November instead would save you packet in comparison.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.