General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Help needed....
16 Posts
Hi,

Here is some info from another thread discussing booking a holiday at the age of 17.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=130761

Angie.
Thanks, that thread was quite helpful although im still stuck!
Because i still dont know which travel companies will accept us at 17 and what actions i need to take. Will i need to book the flight and hotel seperate?
if you will not be 18 at time of travel then you will have problems if one of you are 18 on or after the date of departure you will be able to book using that person as lead
Yes that's right. One of you must be 18. My daughter was not quite 18 but her friend was on departure so she was the lead name. Both sets of parents had to give the Travel Agent a letter giving our permission for them to go. I don't think you would be able to book a holiday if you were both under 18 on the date of departure.
i know a few people who have been on holiday without someone who is 18 or over, its just problematic doing it.....
Well...I suppose it won't be too long before you are 18 then you won't have any problems. Wish I was 18 again :(
i know! thats the annoying thing! im 18 in a few months but this is the only time me and my mate can go!
we rang lastminute.com and they seemed more than fine with the fact we were 17 and are just guna ring the hotel and confirm their ok with it too, if so then were all sorted!! :)
Yes my daughter was 4 weeks short of her 18th :cry when she went away. Have a lovely time wherever you go. :cheers
its a pain in the rear!
Aww thanks alot, and thanks everyone for your help :)
Hopefully, fingers crossed we wont have any problems
As not so young lady 'talking' to a young lady, might I gently remind you that Morocco could prove to be a challenging destination as regards male interest. Also that being a Muslim country you may find that many of the things you might do on holiday in Europe are not encouraged to put it politely ........... drinking alcohol on pavement cafés (you may find separate male and female areas, with the ladies INSIDE), dressing for the heat rather respectfully for the country, drinking too much as defined by local consumption and going topless on a public beach which will be a no-no.

Whilst Morocco is a lot more tolerant than some other Islamic countries, do keep an eye out for what others, especially local ladies, are doing!!

Perhaps it might be easier to find a holiday in a less challenging country, a bit closer to home, and which might be easier to book by buying your flights and accommodation separately - but please don't forget transfers (especially if your flight arrives in the evening/night/very early morning) and (boring I know) insurance and your EHIC card.
Wise advice from Alsa as usual :wave
I think Olympic book holidays for those under 18 (but over 16 of course)
Thanks for the words of wisdom Alsa, However ive just retured from Morocco a week ago today so im aware of what to expect and how to behave, even though i wouldn't do any of the things you mentioned haha! My step dad is a muslim so i have alot of respect for the muslim religion and understand what not to do etc... We chose Morocco as i know agadir quite well, and how to get about, where banks and foreign exchange are etc... I doubt we will be doing alot of drinking anyway as they will be doing ramadam over there when we go! We just want to chill out before a year of exams ahead of us!!
Thanks for your help everyone, hopefully we will be all sorted, will find out tomorrow if lastminute.com can do it all for us! fingers crossed :yipee
Ruth_Lucy, I'm glad you are so clued up on Morocco and the way of life there. My apologies for doubting you, and I sincerely hope you have a lovely time. If you have just returned from Morocco, is there no way of returning following the plan that you used to go out there a week or so ago?

Perhaps it'll be a question of low cost carrier, and help for accommodation from an independent hotel agency such as Laterooms or Alphabeds - to name but two. If you have family who know the country might they be able to help with ideas? In any case, have a lovely time!!
Well when i went last, i went with my mum and step dad so i didn't have this problem!
im not going to do anything until i ring lastminute.com and find out if they can do it or not, the guy seemed pretty confident they could so, fingers crossed :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.