Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Help!!!!!
16 Posts
Sidari sounds like the one for you.The beach is great for the kids with shallow sea,you can walk out quite far and it still quite shallow.You can hire speed boats,pedal boats and canoes on the beach.There are plenty of restaurants to choose from,even for the fussy eaters there will be something to please.There is also a water park in Sidari that shall keep the kids entertained for a few hours.There is also plenty of bars to choose from which are all child friendly.Sidari is a great place for families and couples.It is a lively place,but not too mad. Everyone im sure will tell you somewhere different,but this is just my personal opinion.As we all like something different from our holidays,it jst depends on what you are looking for from your holiday. :D
Its got to be Acharavi then. We have the Hydropolis water park within walking distance , but smaller than the big Aqualand which is an hour away. Long sand and shingle beach, water sports, huge choice of bars and tavernas, good public bus service connecting Sidari/Acharavi/Kassiopi, Have look at [urlINVALID URL Travel[/url]for local info, and [urlINVALID URL with Friends[/url] for accommodation. It is good combination of Greek atmosphere with true Greek hospitality, fantastic scenery, and lots of local boat trips etc. The are is great for familys and the children are likely to make friends of thgeir own age. Its good to be in a place feeling comfortable for the children to safely go off on their own too.
Thanks for replies, I have decided its either sidari, roda, or kardamena in kos. Just looking through direct hols brochure at accomodadation and looking up reviews on holidays uncovered. We were originally going to go half board 4* hotel in tenerife as it was a great price, I am coming around to idea, although not totally swayed!!!Thanks again. BBB
i agree with castaway. acharavie it great. its better than roda or sidarii. beach is great and plenty of restaurants to choose from plus the waterpark.
Have you looked at the text on http://www.ionian-gem ; thats good info about the village .
:D Hi, thanks for replies. Been looking through direct hols brochure (cheapest hols I've ever come accross, compared to others). For corfu, they only offer 3 resorts Kassiopi, roda, and sidari, so still looking!!!BBB.
have you looked at d.i.y

my son has a flight from glasgow in aug -200pnds return

accom selfcatering - for 4 approx 300--600 pnds.

look at the text on http://www.ionian-gem.com for an insight to the area
:D Hi, must admit never had the nerve!! , But have looked on net to see how much flights and accomadtion are. Some of the fligh prices are ridiculous, then when you have added your accomodation and transfers on top, it can be cheaper to book full package through TA. (although probably not always), our friends have been coming to corfu for years, they always got seperate flights, and booked their accomodation seperate, they stopped doing this two years ago, as the prices had nearly doubled., but thanks for suggestion.BBB.
Hi , lots of people are nervous of trying it but it`s no different . Well it is really ; you don`t have to wait in line outside the airport -go straight in (people don`t know this).Thomson guests are asked to wait but the check in desks are open.
taxi is 40mins to bus maybe takes 2-3 hrs. Most of the private accom. have a free pickup / return service. You deal directly with the owner so the quallity if service is good.
I wouldnt recommead sidari,went there afew years back.My daughter hated it there.Infact we booked an early flight home
I too would not recommend Sidari, yes there are restaurants to satisfy everybody not many Greek, but Chinese, Italian, Indian, you name it, most of the restaurants are managed by other nationality's there are a few truly Greek places to eat, but hard to find, there is a Macdonalds which may please the younger element. We found Sidari great if in the evening you wanted to watch wide screen tv, with Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Did not find the beach all that good but we are not beach people, I am sure there are better places in Corfu to holiday that will appeal more to your requirements than Sidari, Heard a lot of good report on San Stephano, Also Benitises and Acharavie.
Hope you find your ideal place we are back to Kefalinia this year 20th visit but it suits us.
Pogo
have faith try san stefanos n. w you will do it once and you will love it .
everybody is looking for something different from their holiday.What some people may look for others may hate and would not recommend a certain resort. At the end of the day it is down to you and what you want from your holiday.If Sidari sounds like somewhere you'd enjoy then dont be put off,but if not there are many other great resorts in greece to choose from
its a few years since we where in Sidari but "The Orchard" was run by a local bloke and his English wife, and the food was excellent.. had Stamna there, had the stuffed vine leaves, the kleftiko, village sausage, village salad (we would call a Greek Salad)... its a little bit of a walk up the road going past the Canal D'amour area but it was worth it...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.