Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
september
20 Posts
The Club Belcekic Beach Hotel or possibly Lykia world (although i havent been to Lykia yet, but its supposed to be OK according to the reports)

Dont think you can guarantee no Russsians anywhere, how could you guarantee what nationalities turn up ? :que You might be able to get a hotel biased towards one nation or another, but not exclusive to a particular nation.

Doe
very true..........

to be honest, the russians and germans dont really bother me, unless they get "ignorant" and involves me.

anywhere else in Turkey?
think i have got to the point that i am tired of reading reviews and reports, and just makes it even harder to make up mind, or make a grave mistake
Nemo

What about Lara Beach, think its quiet as its only hotels, but the hotels look superb.

If you still want the turquoise coast, Jaytrip went to Club Turban and thought that was very nice, think it was halfway between Icmeler and Marmaris.

Doe
:(

been looking and looking, and guess what, looking.........
trying to find somewhere to go first week in september.

toss up between morocco, turkey or may be malta

get the idea that morocco is full of rude french people, but narrowed it down to 3 choices of hotel in morocco,
havent a clue for turkey!!!!!! tired of looking.
dont want to go back to OLU, been there twice. loved it.

but want something that is quiet (no boom boom bars) no english bars with sport or fast food chains on every corner!!!!
want something with a lovely beach, or may a private beach, or maybe a priate jetty for snorkelling/swimming/sitting in the sun
fancy something all inclusive so you have best of both worlds with food and beverages but are not tied to it.

dont want any "benidorm" or "ibiza" clubbing or beer swilling loud louts or all that 18-30 style.
dont want to be old before my time, but want the chill or R&R when i go away, have toooooo much of a hectic lifestyle with job, hobbies, late nights here in uk
Have a look at Hotel Letoonia it's not in Olu but is not to far away in Fethiye.

We are going to Olu for the first time this year and if we like the area then I am going to have a look at this place for next year.

I seems to have all the things you are looking for AI, private beach etc.

Good luck

G
some posts merged to here from another thread.
Finding Nemo- best to put your query on one thread only. :) You are very much like me- looking all over the place for one holiday. Infact even I don't look at 8 different destinations :rofl But that's the fun of it all- researching.
Kalkan sounds like it is right up your street.

Very laid back, beautifully pretty town with cobbled streets and bouganvillea everywhere (but steep!), lots of restaurants, some bars but not 'boom boom', very popular with the brits but the vibe is on relaxation, good food and friendly people. There is a small town beach but also several beach clubs which have just the jettys that you describe for sunbathing/swimming. All accessible by free water boat. You could try them all! It's also close to Patara beach which is wonderful and many other day trips/boat trips.
thanks guys

i will have alook at a couple of what has been suggested.

its all good fun.

keep the suggestions coming please...........still got along way to go before i make up my poor little muddled mine!!!!!
Belek, Lara Beach, Side, Alanya. Can't be guaranteed russian free, but beautiful hotels, and some tranquil areas, good beaches and history.

Best part of Turkey in my opinion - LOOK at reviews for Side as a Starter.
was trying to go to a different QUIET location, with no fast food, no karaoke and no yobs or Russians............any one got any suggestions to where in turkey - the turquoise coast for an all inc.

Like another member suggested Kalkan or Kas might be worth checking out...But my favorite beach area.. is Cirali..one of the best beaches along the Antalya coastline..

Cirali is a very small rural village located about 1- 1.5 hours drive from Antalya and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

Protected by the WWF, Cirali is one of the last remaining villages on the med. coast that has not been taken over by mass tourism. Daily trips to surrounding areas like Antalya, Termessos, fish restaurants of Ulupinar, Kekova ( sunken city of Simena ), Demre, Myra, Arykanda etc. Also daily boat trips are nice to the surrounding islands.

Cirali only has a few quiet bars playing turkish folk music and restaurants on the beach and in the village center. No discos, or big hotels 5 star all inclusive hotels...just nice liitle family run hotels and pansiyons.

But as I said before it is not one of those places catering to package tour holidays as it is more so a real rural village that caters to not only Europeans, North Americans as well as turkish families.

I think it is best described in an article from the travel.timesonline.co.uk from last year..for 20 of the best beach destinations..

4 CIRALI, TURKEY

Far from the package-holiday hordes, Turkey has dozens of pristine beaches, among the finest of which is Cirali, a long stretch of fine white sand at the mouth of a towering canyon. The beach, an easy walk from the ruined city of Olympos, is a protected nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. After dark, lights on the shore are extinguished so as not to confuse the hatching babies. On a moonless night, the view of the Milky Way is phenomenal.

You'll find no banana boats or disco bars at Cirali, just a perfect two-mile beach lapped by clear blue water, and walking trails that will take you into the drama of the surrounding coastal mountains.

my photos of the Cirali / Olympos area..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/72157602793492234/

A couple of places along the way from Antalya I recommend are Ucagiz ( Kalekoy ), Patara and Kaya koyu near Fethiye. But the areas ( villages ) of Cirali, Patara, and Kaya Koyu are much smaller in comparision to the other larger more lively resort towns..

But you will not find any of these areas with all-inclusive..thats is the beauty of them..once the big hotels get in its changes the local area..Unfortunately mass tourism has changed the faces of so many beautiful areas along the coast with the build up of so many resorts.
have a look at bodrum/gumbet, best of both worlds gumbet for the beach life style and 10 minutes bodrum for the town style. Romantic small restaurants, the castle and even boat trips over to the greeek island of kos
Hi caretta , easy to see where you get your username , very nice, could you please tell me how far Cirali is from Belek and if i could get there by public transport ,or cab.

Thank you very much
Regards Bluepeterno1 :tup
Hi Peter..

Hi caretta , easy to see where you get your username , very nice,

thanks very much..these turtles ..when they are hatching are are sooo cute...and the loggerhead sea turtles ( Caretta Caretta ) right now are laying their eggs..and they hatch in late August to early Sept..

as seen here..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/1330729410/

could you please tell me how far Cirali is from Belek and if i could get there by public transport ,or cab.

It is fairly easy to get from Belek to Cirali..first however you will have to get to the Antalya bus station..

From Antalya you can take Antalya tur, Bati Atnalya, Cicek tour or Kumluca Seyhat from the Antalya bus station ( otogar ) Cost is about 8 YTL ( turkish liras ) per person and run from 6am until 8pm about every 1/2 hour. In the summer months they will run more frequently. It should be easy to find a bus about ever 15-20 mins or so..in the summer...Make sure you tell the driver to drop you off at the Cirali ( CHIR-ALI ) junction. Once you are at the Cirali junction there should be no problem to get the mini-bus service to the village center about 7 kms. Cost of mini-bus is around 5 YTL per person.

The bus should take about 1.5 hrs to Cirali....of course depending on how many stops it makes along the way..to pick up or drop off passengers..

hope to see you there..be sure to send me a message if you do decide to travel..
If you do look at Kalkan then I recommend Hotel Nur, see review, perfectly positioned.

Les
Hi caretta off to belek this sunday maybe have a go at going to Cirali ,like the sound of it ,especially the turtles ,will let you know .

Regards peter :tup
About the Olu Deniz hotel Resort. I phoned Thomson today to voice my concerns. She said they had investigated and although we are no longer entitled to imported drinks, i.e smirnoff vodka, nothing has changed. They said the swimming pools were immaculate and when you are on the beach you still get juice and water and also lunch around 1pm and the beds, parasols and cushions are free. She also confirmed all resturants are open and they have not had any complaints on site. She has said there has been a change of management but every thing is fine.
I hope this is true as it has eased my mind a little :tup
what about akyaka ,its gorgeous and very turkish, beautiful beach, its in a conservation area so no high rise hotels or typical package tours, think anatolian skys do it or diy, very lovely and scenic small town. ive been to olu deniz too and i also like it there, good luck with where ever you choose
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.