Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hmm, well that's a difficult one 'cos you'll gets loads of replies all recommending a different place - as everybody has their own favourite place.

If you give us some idea of what you like and what you're looking for, then maybe we'll be better able to recommend somewhere. As a start can I recommend that you take a look at the Bodrum peninsula? It has several advantages - it's close to Bodrum-Milas airport so you don't have a long transfer time to your resort (35km to Bodrum itself and then not far away from anywhere on the peninsula). There's a variety of resorts to choose from - from the more traditional and quiet Turkish resorts such as Gumusluk or Gundogan to the more cosmopolitan Bodrum itself to the more lively Gumbet. It really all depends on your preference. Another advantage is that wherever you stay on the peninsula, it's easy to travel round the whole peninsula to explore on the local minibus (dolmus). You could do some research on Bodrum, Gumbet, Bitez, Yalikavak, Gumusluk, Turgetreis, Gundogan, Torba - see there's loads to choose from and it really would be worth you taking a look at these places.

Anyway, like I said, give us more of an idea what you're looking for and then it will be easier for us to recommend somewhere for you.

Hope this helps.

JAK xx
NattyB,

You might find members Resort Reviews useful to give you an idea of the places to visit. I'm sure the members will give you plenty of information too. In the mean time, it might be worth posting the types of things you like to do on holiday or might want to see or do in order to point you in the right direction.

Darren

EDIT: Gumbet Jakki just beat me to it!
Thanks Gumbet Jakki and Dazbo for your speedy responses.

At time of travel, me and my boyfriend will both be 19. We just really want a holiday to chill on a beach/by the pool for a week or two, have a look around a couple of shops and just generally have a relaxing time.

Not too bothered about historical landmarks etc as I have back problems so walking long distances is an issue.

Hope this helps!

Nat
If you are looking for a cheap holiday generally Marmaris and Icmeler are the cheaper options. Have a look at

http://www.otbeach.com for accomadation
http://www.resorthoppa.com for transfers

and there are numerous cheap flight websites to look at

Stewart
Although I love Icmeler,I would recommend the Hotel Parkim Ayaz in Gumbet.
Its available with Thomas Cook and is excellent value for money.
Its sold on a half board basis and the food is really good.
Its situated on the beach but also has 2 pools with lots of sunbeds,hammocks and large cushions,both on the beach and around the pools. :sun2
Check the price on the Thomas Cook website.
I agree with Jay Trip, if you are looking for a good value holiday in a great hotel right on the beach then Parkim Ayaz could be just what you are after. Gumbet is a lively resort but you can still find plenty of places to chill and have a relaxing time.

There are a good number of shops to browse around and lots of very nice restaurants if you want to eat out. Going for the half board option will make it cheaper and then you could choose to go out for a nice meal if you fancy too.

Gumbet is just 45 minutes from the airport so you wont have a long transfer, it is also just 10 minutes by bus from Bodrum fi you want to go in for shopping or for a stroll and a look around.

Hope this helps

Kedi
Hubby and I went to Turkey last year (couples holiday) and had the best time ever. We stayed in Gumbet and it had everything from nice beaches to quiet pubs to bopping nightlife. We will definately be returning to Gumbet!
hi nattyB....I'm planning a turkish hols for 2011 and as never been before asked the same question youve asked.....I drove my new friends on this forum daft for a few weeks...but came out with the ideal place ect for me ....and a good education to boot.....the thread is " WHERE AND HOW...take me there".....you might find it interesting reading...maybe the MOD's can put a link here to it....I will try giving it a nudge so it goes back to top of forum list for you....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
the thread is " WHERE AND HOW...take me there".....you might find it interesting reading...maybe the MOD's can put a link here to it....
WHERE AND HOW...take me there.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.