Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think Side would suit you. Personally, I love this resort.
Thanks, coincidence you say Side, as I have been looking and had come to the conclusion it may be a good choice! Can you recommend any hotels or any to avoid?!
We don't go AI, prefer half board as we like to go out in the evening for drinks.

Try the Barut Hotels - Hemera and Arum (I stay at the Arum HB - absolutely love it, been twice, returning in July and can't wait). Melas and Sunrise Queen also are meant to be good. These four hotels are next to each other, about 30mins walk from main resort, but lots of shops/bars/restaurants outside.

Apparently the Kentia Apartments has a very commom problem with overbooking, so might want to be careful. However, people that have managed to stay there have had good reviews from what I remember.

There are lots of bigger hotels out towards Kumkoy, Colalki and Mannavgat - these are mainly advertised as Side. However, some can be up to 10km out. Don't trust googlemaps either to get locations -half the hotels are either in the sea, or in the middle of a field!

For bars and restuarants, avoid Yusefs (we all got ill after 1 drink there, and my daughters sprite was definitely NOT sprite), and Golden Fizz (very agressive to people who don't come in (and other bar owners/workers), and have read many reports of drinks being spiked).

This really is a lovely, wonderful resort. We have NEVER returned somewhere for 3 years in a row until we had been here. Wihs we were there now, hopefully flight prices get reduced so we have a chance of returning in october.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.