Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi, I was in Malgrat 23 years ago so I'm afraid I can't offer you any up to date info :really

Hope you get some good responses here.
Have been to Malgrat quite a few times , haven't stayed in either of these hotels but if i remember correctly they are at opposite ends of Malgrat to each other , i believe Monteplaya is nearer the Santa Susanna end , both hotels are on the main stretch
the maripins is my favourite hotel in malgrat.
it is a great location and has repeat business from people who have been going there for 20+years.
i would not put you off either hotel, but the maripins is nearer to the train station than the monteplaya.
:tup thanks that hotel gets the thumbs up from us its going on the list for a break away in june .
I have been to Malgrat twice, staying at the Monteplaya, if you use this hotel do all you can to get a room not facing the main road! many a nights sleep lost to slow walking, loud singing youths. I'm not against a good night out, but this is at 4am.
The head waiter is a puffed up poppinjay, but the salads and sweets are very good. As for the main courses, sometimes good.
There is no atmosphere in the hotel bar, and the head waiter rules the roost in there too, no card games allowed when entertainment is on.
If you can't find an alternative, i wish you luck.
:tup we went to maripins what a super hotel we had a great time ,try the maripins we are going back :sun2
i really like Malgrat, on the flat plenty of shops , bars
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.