Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi from Malta
24 Posts
Then after a quick mooch, off to bed at 11.30.

:yikes Too much information there Glynis :rofl
Sounds like a promising start Glynis. Enjoy in Valletta - so much to see there :tup
Malta is lovely. Make sure to get on the ferry though to Gozo...
Malta is lovely. Make sure to get on the ferry though to Gozo...

Glynis has got all her instructions and Gozo was a must :tup
Malta and Gozo seems to be on everyones list this year ... Have a fabulous time Glynis , looking forward to my trip too .
Day 2

Just got in from our day in Valletta and my feet are killing me!

First stop was St John's Cathedral. Gorgeous I loved it.

Next was a spot of lunch in one of the little squares complete with an accordion being played in the background (reminded me of Italy lol). I had lamb wrap with pot of coffee & hubby had roast chicken, salad & chips €17 which I thought was very reasonable.

Off we went next to the Malta Experience, loved it, loved it. So informative. Straight fom there we went to the Holy Infirmary of the Knights where the knights used to provide hospital care and serve their food on silver platers. Again it was really interesting & we were provided with a guide whose knowledge made the visit.

Walked from there back to the main gate then browsed a short while. Before heading back for the bus to Marsaxlokk with hot, tired feet.

Just having a coffee. Chat soon. (if there's any mistakes in my post, tough am on my hols lol)
Hi Glynis.
Pleased to hear you're enjoying Malta, you've now set Dave off again. ;)

Sanji x
Hi Glynis

Sounds like you are having a great time. :tup I loved the Malta Experience when we went, infact i really liked Malta but DH wasn't too struck on it - too busy for him. :( But as I pointed out we had a week in Gozo first to chill out and it was the last week in July/first in August. I would love to go back, I definatly need to work on him. :rofl

xxxx
hi Glynis ...sounds like your having a lovely time...and we are getting your trip report in instalments...

" HT is going live...and one of our seniour staff Glynis is on the spot...bringing us upto date news from Malta...so over to Glynis for an update "

cant wait for next instalment...stuff about the knights sounds interesting...love that kind of history.....tweetie
Glynis

Behave yourself woman!

You're supposed to be on holiday - not giving us a blow by blow account of your days' out. Save them for when you get back so we can have a good catch up. :cheers
you trying to do everything ion a week :duh slow down girl and enjoy it don't just see it

brian
I know Brian it's one of my many faults, rushing things. Think it's because I'm scared I won't get done what I want done (or see in this instance). Plus where we are staying is quiet so we have to be out and about, no beach/pool etc. But I'm a fidget anyway so am not still for long lol and don't cope too well if not active on hols.

Day 3

Caught the 9.30am bus to Valletta where we got the water taxi to Sliema. Ran the gauntlet of the boat cruise lads (they were canny actually) then grabbed brunch at one of the cafe's before jumping on the first bus that came along which happened to be to Bugibba. Despite my parents having a good holiday there in the past we found Sliema had far too much traffic for our liking, so off we went to Bugibba. We had a quick mooch grabbed an ice cream then, as it was getting on we headed back to Valletta for the bus back to Marsaxlokk.

Shower, then out for our meal and home. Having early nights as so much we want to see.

Sanji keep seeing tons of things that I know you'd love to film. You'll love the churches, architecture, but the traffic is a bit hectic in places. Dave'll love the history.

We've still got lots to do. Have booked the Hypogeum for next week.

Bye for now xx
Yesterday ended up doing a trip. We were asking the hotel owner how to get to Marsascala when he mentioned that a bloke in his cafe Manuel, was off to Blue Grotto and offered to give us a lift. We then found out that he was also taking his trippers to Rabat, Mdina & Mosta so we decided to join them. Had a really good day out & thought each of the places we visited worthy of a return visit, which we'll do next week at some point.

Just said bye to Mrs Kiltman & her friend, will miss seeing them out and about and all their helpful advice. Thanks girls xx

Woke at 4am this morning scratching the side of my face off & immediately knew I'd been bitten by a dreaded mozzie. I put some bite cream on and took a antihistamine. When I woke later that morning my eye was swollen and so was my forehead. The forehead I didn't mind so much as felt and looked like I'd had Botox lol but the eye looked like I'd had a clout off Joe Bugner! Have spent the day with sunglasses on & getting sympathetic looks. The hotelier has given us a plug in mozzie death destroyer.

Having a brilliant time xx
Just said bye to Mrs Kiltman & her friend, will miss seeing them out and about and all their helpful advice. Thanks girls xx

:yikes Could you not have kept them there for another week :D

When I woke later that morning my eye was swollen and so was my forehead. The forehead I didn't mind so much as felt and looked like I'd had Botox lol but the eye looked like I'd had a clout off Joe Bugner!

:think Now come on Glynis what REALLY happened :rofl
Eye bit better today more fluidly. But hopefully better still tomorrow.

Just had lazy day today and popped down to the nearby beach. The sea was lovely and clear. It was the one near Southeast cafe Graham. Mrs K would have loved to stay longer Graham lol.

We've found the prices in Malta really reasonable too.

Off to Gozo in the morning, 7.20 am pick up!!!!
Mrs K was telling me all about you noisy people :rofl

Good to hear that you are enjoying it, I know you will love Gozo and I am looking forward to hearing all about it :tup
:rofl at noisy Graham - cheeky mares, it was only 11.30pm & just a film. Wouldn't care but they'd just come in themselves clumping up the stairs. E said hubby should have just growled at them ;)

2 women moved in room 3 last night from Belfast, don't think a film will bother them as they quickly asked me across the balcony where they could get some cans of lager from :cheers

Gozo was beautiful, we really enjoyed our day out & was well worth the money. The day trips here are really good value for money.

Walked round the market again today & met up with some friends we made on the Gozo trip yesterday. Still glorious weather & we are having a fantastic time.

:tup
Enjoying reading this. Had a lovely time in malta in april. Hoping to go back Next year or year after. :)
You know there are no secrets Glynis, it's not Vegas what happens in Malta very quickly gets back here, Bragioli - Stuffed olives eh :rofl

I thought you would like Gozo, glad you are both having a good time :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.