Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Are you a HH member?
The answer is what do YOU want to do?

Mistakes can and do happen.

Has the fact they took an extra £419 caused you any hardship?

Have you, for example, incurred any bank charges because of this?

If so then you would want to reclaim these.

I would suggest a letter expressing your dissatisfaction that this was done and asking for an apology.

If you did incur charges then you should ask that these are reimbursed.

In my opinion there is not much else you can do.

fwh
Update. Continued with telephoning Hilton's head office.
Assured they would ring back with a result. never did.
HOWEVER
31/7 monies back into my account in full, pleased as this had caused me problems at a petrol station and supermarket, when the card was declined. We keep this account for holiday treats, therefore the amount taken did cause us a problem at the time, as we only carry the one card to access cash when inthe UK.
I must say Hilton Blackpool is well worth a visit, great weekend, top hotel, use hotels on a regular basis, this was a real good experience as far as the hotel services go. Accounting very low rating.
Many thanks for the update. I would suggest a strong letter to head office complaining and explaining the problems that it caused.

You can telephone and email as much as you like, but a letter to the chief executive does tend to get a favourable reply in such cases.

fwh
Easier way pay in cash.
UPDATE.

Have recieved an apology. Offered reduced rates when we visit again. have a 12 month window to take advantage of offer.
Also assisted when booking Hilton Gatwick later in the year.
I find always be polite and listen to their side as well as my own point. of view.
All's well that ends well, and thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.