Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hisaronu
6 Posts
Hi Phila,
May be wrong but probably Bobs Beach at Olu Deniz which is on the lagoon away from the main beach.It is a small sandy beach with a bar where you can hire pedaloes etc.Free buses normally go there from where the dolmuses park up on the sea front.
If you walk along the the sea front towards the lagoon area you will be charged approx 2 lira as it is classed as a National Park.We were there in April and it is a lovelly walk through now.A lot quieter when we were there as it gets very busy in summer.Nice beaches here as well and stunning views as you walk round the arm where the lagoon meets the sea.
Regarding change I would be way of the change offices in Hisaronu.Commision charges apply.In all the years we have been we have used the jewellers at the start of the pedestrian area on the opposite corner to the Chinese restaraunt.No commision decent rates.Never had a problem there.Would probably just use any of the jewllers for change in Hisaronu.
Regards Dave
Phila,
Sorry forgot the trips.Loads of places in Hisaronu to book.They will pick you up from hotel or wherever you are staying.Get a feel of the prices then ask for best price.They will undercut others if you feel the need to haggle.Usually works ok.
Dave
hi phila
there are change shops all around the village one at the to next to midas jewellery is good and the one in the nicholas shopping mall next to the turkish ivy restaurant near azda's or any of the jewellers
trips can be aranged by explora, cadiandia tours, hamish mcturk,and many more around the village if you need more info plaese contact me through my website :sun2 the beaches round the back are now call front lagoon beach seahourse beach billys beach and genc beach :sun2 you also have the conservation beach which is worth a vist
Hi. From personal experience, I would definately avoid booking trips with Hamish McTurk. We booked a boat trip with them last year and, despite being assured it wouldn't happen, we ended up on an overcrowded boat - squashed like sardines. We had been told that there would definately be enough loungers for every passanger - LIE. Even at lunch, the tables were overcrowded and uncomfortable. There were people lying on mats all over the upper deck, due to lack of loungers, making getting either up or down extremely difficult. When we got back to shore we went to the office in Hisaronu to complain, to be met with a shrug of shoulders and "you only paid £10" type of conversation. The £10 each was neither here nor there, I was more annoyed at wasting a full day of my holiday sitting in the shade when I should have been soaking up rays!! All in all, I would suggest choosing a different tour office, there are plenty of them in Hisaronu.

Polly
i have heard of this it is sometimes better taking a trip into fethiye and just have a walk along the marina and see what deal you can strike up and maybe you can get them to reserve some sun beads on the main deck i do lol :sun2 and nnever pay more than i have to around 8 pounds
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.