Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Dannic I would be tempted to hold fire for a couple of days . I think Thomas cook may be experiencing a few problems with their system. others have reported so :( . Ive just been on and tried myself. it wouldnt bring up anything sold via TC for Marsa Alam then i tried hotel booking only and the hotel you wanted came up but the date was slightly different , then i couldnt seem to get it again no matter how many dates i put in. All very odd and hit n miss.
I wonder if the phone staff are using the same system :? . Does nobody else do this particular hotel or maybe you could email the hotel and book DIY. you may even save some money. :D

lyn

thats weird .ive found it again now. and im getting this hotel and the others on that complex coming up for the wed before (18th) and the 2 wednesdays after. ( 1st and 8th )but on the 25th none of the thomas cook accomodations just 2 thomson ones. doesnt seem right to me - cant see that every one of those 3/4 hotels would be sold out on that date. :? Maybe its the thomas cook flight thats the problem have you tried another airport just out of interest. that seems the more likely explaination. I wouldnt give up Danni if this is the hotel you want
Looks like it could be the flight thats the problem as it comes up for the 25th from Manchester. where did you want to fly from? as there appears to be thomson flights available on the 25th you could possibly get the flight with them .
lyn
Looks like the seast allocations are an issue - maybe just taken a group booking!!!

2 Seats showing avaialable on 25/7 from LGW with thomson through http://www.lowcostseats.co.uk/scripts/TDBkgEngine.dll/Startup?Now&utm_id=google (not especially cheap though!) if you want to look at DIY. Ought to be able to book hotel direct.

Think Red Sea flights go to Marsa too.

The alternative is to go back to the good old days when you could only get to Marsa (which at that time had 2 hotels!!) by flying into Hurghada then going by road. About 4 hours e/w
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.