Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Kitkat,

The details below were copied from another thread on this very site about Ezy Travel. A bit of research appears to indicate the company is run by two Egyptian brothers.

allmen HT Mod HT Moderator
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:21 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looked up their ATOL number and it seems they were only bonded for 500 passengers in 2005. ABTA does not have them on their database.

If they've gone bust your options are limited. If you paid for the holiday by credit card (or even just the deposit providing you spent more than £100 on the credit card for the hol or part of it) try writing to the credit card company explaining your problem. Under section 75 of the consumer credit act the card issuer is equally liable in cases of breach of contract.

You will need to clearly define what accommodation you booked and paid for and what class you were allocated. You would likely have a claim for the difference in cost plus a nominal amount (£50) per person for distress, inconvenience etc.

If Ezy have not gone out of business they should respond to your complaint; but, if they are not ABTA registered they are unlikely to respond within the ABTA guidline time of 28 days.

You might try contacting the CAA here:

Consumer Protection Group
CAA House
45-59 Kingsway
London
WC2B 6TE
T: 020 7453 6430
F: 020 7453 6431

and ask about the status of Ezy Travel.
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=288 This is a link to the CAA website.

I'd not hold out much hope for any satisfaction on this one.
Hi kitkat,

A little more information may help. Who was the tour operator or secondary company that they are putting the blame on.

If you booked with EZY and they were acting as retial/travel agent for a tour operator like Thomson/Mytravel/First Choice etc then you can take your compalint to them.

Did you get a confirmation of your booking off the tour operator or off EZY travel. DiD these specify a resort and hotel etc.

Kind egards
Stewart
Hi Kitkat.

There's quite a large thead about EzyTravel on the Egypt forum as quite alot of people have been let down by them.

It seems they stopped trading on 24th Sept.
Ezy
Looking on the CAA website, it seems that Ezy Travel have not renewed their ATOL licence which means they cannot advertise or offer for sale accommodation with flights. Their decision not renew does not necessarily mean they are in financial trouble but if I were booked to travel with them I would check with the ATOL section whether everything is hunky dory. You can find details on http://www.atol.org.uk
By the way, I am new poster, and am very impressed at the quality of the advice on this board!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.