General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Maybe they are all happy families and like being together. We have just returned from Fuengirola after holidaying with our family - 9 of us altogether, 7 adults and 2 children, and we all had a great time. Perhaps you should try it.
Wendy
Emilysnasna

I wasn't trying to say there was anything wrong with it.
I'd say it would be fun for a large family going away together.
Our family get on really well together its just something that we never considered. But yes maybe sometime will try it.

Carol
The only trouble is that somebody has to be the organiser (usually me!!), and it's sometimes difficult to get everyone to agree on destination, time of travel, type of holiday, etc., so may be the couples or singles have got it right. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeh but I'd say it's well worth it when everything comes together and everyone is enjoyed a brilliant holiday.
We are going to the Holiday Village Costa Del Sol 26th August with our much smaller family (2 adults 1 child) hopefully we will have a fab time and meet loads of new people
Unfortunately us singles have the worst time trying to get a holiday. Everything is geared toward 2 adults or more sharing. Tried all the websites and find searching for single holidays gives no results, but if searching for 2 adults sharing gives loads of results. Going DIY doesn't improve matters with substantial single room supplements. Doesn't help having to pay flight supplement from Glasgow on top of that as well. Had a look at a couple of "singles" holiday clubs and they either have accomodation outside tourist resorts or think all singles are interested in sports holidays. I don't think I'm going to bother going anyplace now, just too much hassle with tour operators.
Just call us Billy no mates :lol:

Sue, Emma and myself that's it for the last 3 years abroad.

Having said that, we always get chatting to other cpl's or family and have a larff.

My Sister goe's away with her Fiance and their 3 children along with my Mother & my other Sister, [ Mother ] who to be honest is hard work on Holiday she moaned for TWO weeks when they went to Tenerife last year. My Mum said it was to Hilly in PDLA mind you she is a big lass :shock: :lol:

I don't know if others have experienced this, you meet up with a cpl or Family whilst away and they are the best of m8's with you, you exchange email addie's but you never here of them again my Father tells me this is normal as when he has been on Holiday he speaks to people and they say they will stay intouch but it does not happen :roll:

Regards,

TIMUK.
Hi Timuk

You should meet my dad when he's on holiday( much to the :oops: of my mum) he says we don't send Christmas cards, emails or generally stay in touch as we have enough friends already!!!! Now I know why I don't holiday with them.

I frequently holiday alone - just book the flight and find a hotel when I arrive -never been disappointed yet but it must be said that I usually go to Turkey and although the tour operators might charge a supplement many of the hotels don't.

Yep why do alot of singles holidays evolve around sport walking or hobbies?
I once went on a cooking holiday to Thailand but I never once showed up to the cookery class - (don't really like cooking but it wa the only singles holiday I could find at the right time) - enjoyed Thailand though.
Hiya Jilly :wink:

You are brave jetting off on you're own I must say, mind you there are many day's I feel like just doing that :lol:

I have a mate who works at Heathrow who is always jetting off to Thailand he loves the Country, he doe's the same and that's get's his cheap flight and then finds the Accomodation when he get's there.

Fancy going on holiday to a cooking class :D laughing here as myself I hate cooking, that's what Holidaying is all about get somebody else to do it for you :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
Kellogg

The MyTravel site has some singles hols on their website at the moment that seemed cheap enough.
Lynn
Hi Carol,

We go on holiday in a group of 24 and have the time of our lives.

A.T.B. Geddy.
Geddy

I am sure you do not disputing this I was just not used to this. It is not something that is done here. But after having a taste of it joining in in other groups when we were away would be quite happy to do the same.

Carol
i find when we go in groups which we are this year me n hubby and kids and there friends and boyfriend and a neighbourgh ,,its me that pays upfront for every thing like deposists ,,insurance ,,and hotel park n fly ,,i dont mind this but no one ever says do you want the money are you ok to pay this amount :lol: i mean this holiday was booked last sept for comming august and ive only seen 60 pounds of them lol think i should get my little book out and go door knocking :lol:
Me and my good lady - thats about the size of our group. Have been in groups before and its too much hassle trying to cater for the wide range of tastes in food,trips out, activity versus chilling on the beach etc. Where we go we can quite often be the only Brits in the hotel - but usually we find someone to chat too if we are getting sick of our own company.
I think the secret is to all go together, but to agree to "do your own thing" if liked, when you get to the resort, which is what we do. Sometimes one group will want to just chill out and another sight-see or be active, sometimes some will want to eat early/chinese, whatever, and others will want to eat late/Italian, etc. As long as we know that we are there for each other if needed.
Since my post last July, another adult has joined the family, and three more children are on the way, so holiday groups in future will be even bigger! Just call us the Rug-Rats!!!!
Wendy
43 of us travelled to the Dom Rep a few years ago, although it was for a wedding.

It was a brilliant holiday.
12 of us went to Ibiza a few years ago-all family. A couple of fall outs lol but a great holiday
Im off to florida in september there will be 11 of us all together (4 adults & 7 kids) i cant wait the more the merrier i say.

MEL :D
We have been holidaying as a group of friends for the last 7 years now :yikes

Never once have we had a fall out :shock: This year there will be 13 of us going to Turkey with a good mix of adults and kids :ghug

Can't wait - there's never a dull moment and always someone to talk to :rofl

Carol :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.