General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What about the Algarve? If you stay in or near Albufeira, you can go to the Old Town in the evenings. There are lots of bars so the kids could sit at a separate table from you, or even in the next bar, and pretend they were 18 but you could keep a close eye on them! I would say the Old Town (and actually the whole of Albufeira) is as safe as you can get. Oh yes, and there are lots of little shops there for them to spend your hard earned cash in and I'm sure they would be happy to join you for a nice meal in one of the many restaurants.

During the day there are any number of fabulous beaches where they can top up their tans, plan what they are going to wear that evening and dream their 14-year old dreams. :love2

They may be too old for kids' things but I bet they'd love Zoomarine and Slide and Splash - and so, I expect, would you. There are jeep safaris into the countryside, where they would have to hang on for dear life, and speedboat trips from the Marina. :omg

The weather will still be hot in September but the town will be less crowded than the high season months - an ideal time to go!
Hi Darryljohn

Have you thought about Salou. Miles of lovely beaches with things to do

and close to Aquapark and Port Aventura.

Helenxx
How about a cruise.Never saw my 14 year old for 2 weeks!! :lol:
at the risk of sounding very boring to all the regulars on the forum.. how about somewhere in the canaries? My 14 year old lad loves it in the canaries and we only tend to see him when he wants something!!! Rob's daughter also adores the canaries at 16 and can always find something to drool over ( i am sorry i meant to say something to do!!)
Playa Del Ingles (Gran Canaria) - Went when i was 13 and loved it!

No to Pineda/Callela (Costa Brava) and possibly to Salou (Costa Dorada)
Benidorm. Has theme park, water park and lots to do and see at night for teens and parents. I took 17,15,12yr olds and they all loved it.
This is a question close to my own heart. :D

Have already done Port Aventura and the Algarve, including zoomarine (twice) and slide and splash. All of which are ace. (trying to sound like a 14 year old now :oops: ) Also Barcelona is close to Salou and is apparently a 'cool' city.

Seem to be a few hotels in Turkey, that have large swimming pools with watersides and flumes and hopefully like minded families go to them. Something like Lykia World or Aqua Fantasy.

Or what about one of the busier Greek Islands like Rhodes, Corfu or Crete in a family friendly hotel. If you stayed within striking distance of Rhodes Town, Corfu Town etc it gives an added dimension to the holiday for teenagers as these towns are quite buzzy with shopping, bars, cafes etc.
Turkey-Olu Deniz or Benidorm.

good luck

kazee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.