Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
holidaytruths
28 Posts
I think Les that the site is not attracting many new members and those of us who are regular Goa visitors usually do the same things at the same hotels and restaurants etc.
I know I feel a bit silly doing a report when I have nothing new to report on!
Certainly seems quieter on other pages I view so not just Goa.
I also think that quite a few other forums (not holiday related) I use seem quiet nowadays, no idea why that should be though.
Just been banned from my faviurite one but can't seem to get any explantion why as I hadn't posted in 3 days!
Nothing I had posted was controversial in any way and the moderator is at a loss as to why my IP adress has been blocked.
yes tripadvisor gets more deleted posts these days,lol.i know what you meen regarding doing same things when going to goa,although ive just booked for december for first time in 3 years and taking daughter/hubby and 2 grandkids,they wont know whats hit them,ha,ha.the facebook page for goa is quite active each day and interesting,dont know if you use that del or not,worht a look if your not aware of it.
Think you just nailed it Les.....

T/A too picky by far, posted my recent experiences of a TERRIBLE pub in Yorkshire, in line with 13 similar reviews, and was told it was just "my opinion" :( so not accepted.

But the expansion of Facebook and other "social media" sites have the potential to wipe our forums off the face of the earth....... un-moderated, instant, pictures just as instant, along with videos, far more modern in appearance and integrated into daily contact with friends...... I think it used to be called progress?

It cant just be the boredom factor of the same people going to the same place and doing the same things.... that has been the case for years :rofl
Facebook has a lot to answer for when it comes to the plight of forums which is unfortunate. So is there a way back for forums? Do they take on board why fb is so popular? For instance, should this be a Goa chat forum?
I used to be a regular but ever since the forum was revamped I haven't bothered. It isn't what it used to be that's for sure.
i used to use this site a lot for receiving and giving advice,its still useful im sure,however as times move forward,there has become better options,like fb,etc...
Still here, enjoy reading the reports and posting them, like to help others and pick up bits and bobs for myself, and always have a look in each day - would be interesting from those who are out there when the monsoon starts and possibly post some pics.
I would say a lot of people gave up on HT when the site was up/down/up/down, but since the take over it's a great site and easy to navigate round.
I would say a lot of people gave up on HT when the site was up/down/up/down, but since the take over it's a great site and easy to navigate round.

Totally agree, once people leave something it is hard to get them back.

RE Facebook.
Thats something that I have used but find it very confusing in the navigation sense. I always seem to find myself wandering all over the site with links to "friends" , "updated profiles" etc.

T/A too picky by far, posted my recent experiences of a TERRIBLE pub in Yorkshire, in line with 13 similar reviews, and was told it was just "my opinion" so not accepted

Amazing, I thought that any review was exactly that, "your opinion".
Not often I use T/A as their pages are really cluttered with ads and are difficult to see what you are looking for.
facebook has become the new forum and ebay site
TA is just a commercial cog in my opinion, i think the emphasis has moved away from assisting travelers, its more 'sell sell sell'.. which i guess is completely understandable but doesn't help the atmosphere and the friendships that are made online, that's why HT (which was always my favorite) will always be better from that perspective as it seems to be doing things for the right reasons, rather than just financial....
Re del949 recent post, it too was blocked from this site sometime around Feb. I had not made any recent posts of any kind , replied to the ban a couple of time on the link provided but heard nothing. After logging on occasionally to find the ban still in place i gave up trying. A couple of months went by and suddenly the ban had disappeared and things were back to normal!
Obviously as far as theGoa forum is concerned, the crash in visitor numbers every year would explain the lack of posts, but not for the site in general. The main suggestion offered is everyone has fled, lemming like, to Facebook, Mabey, but surely i can't be alone in being able to resist the lure of it?
Alan
Just to clarify.. I wasn't blocked from this site it was another forum that I frequented.
Do you have any figures Gramps on the decline of Brits going to Goa?
I honestly didn't notice a shortage of Brits but certainly the Russians have increased their presence.
Alan
Are you saying you were banned from here?
As for visitor numbers, as we went at the end of the season it was quite striking that the majority of holidaymakers were either Indian or Russian. And of course the charter flights had stopped really early.
My apologies Del, I thought you were meaning this site. As far as the UK numbers go, a few years ago I thing the UK charters numbered in the high teens, about 18 in number, I think. This past year it was about 7 or 8 in total. The missing 10 or so flights were certainly not all taken up by scheduled flights. In the same time the Russian numbers have seen an explosion, but I doubt if many of them seek information here !.
Yes Fiona, it was indeed here . When I attempted to access the site a H.T.,Page came up saying I had been removed from the site. I enquired twice on the link provided, why, but received no reply, then a couple of months later on attempting to log on it was all back to normal.
Alan
Alan
Its a real shame that you didn't get help to get back on. It was obviously a mistake not helped by not contacting you when you used the correct link
gramps wrote:
Re del949 recent post, it too was blocked from this site sometime around Feb. I had not made any recent posts of any kind , replied to the ban a couple of time on the link provided but heard nothing. After logging on occasionally to find the ban still in place i gave up trying. A couple of months went by and suddenly the ban had disappeared and things were back to normal!
Obviously as far as theGoa forum is concerned, the crash in visitor numbers every year would explain the lack of posts, but not for the site in general. The main suggestion offered is everyone has fled, lemming like, to Facebook, Mabey, but surely i can't be alone in being able to resist the lure of it?
Alan

I'm not aware of any reason for you to have been banned Gramps I'll make some enquiries.
i love facebook and use it daily but would not entertain doing anything holiday related on there.
all holiday stuff is done here or ta as for the sites getting quiet this is true it could be that money is tight these days and people just cant afford as meny holidays as they used to a few years back???
still think a chat room on here will be a winner.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.