Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The slash and burn farmers are a pest... they don't give a rat's about how it impacts nearby countries. Singapore has been thick with smoke too.

If I were you I'd ask the travel agent if you can transfer your accommodation to say Phuket, Langkawi or Penang, these islands are a little over an hour away. Check out Air Asia for cheap deals, they fly from KL but from their low cost airport about a 20 min drive away from KL International Airport. (KLIA)

Personally I much prefer a island holiday to a big, hot, noisy city. There are great deals for Phuket during the wet season.

Hope it works out for you.
They did offer us a refund on the hotel but the last thing we wanted was to start flying to seperate destinations at more expence. The fires seam to have calmed down so hopefully it wont be to bad when we arrive. I cant believe they booked us into KL TBH without knowing what happens every year.
We usualy do the beach holiday and seeing as we will be living near the beach when we get into Perth we wanted to experiance the big smoke and all it has to offerr.
Thank you for your reply though it has given a few more choices if the smoke is unbearable when we get there.
Hi Chris
Sorry I missed this post up till now. I would second gerri's advice. To be honest, having been to KL, I put it last on my list of all the far east cities I've been to( but we did stay at a fantastic hotel). We were there for 4 days in total( over 2 stops) and couldn't think what we wanted to do on day 4. I would research the air asia destinations( after checking to see they aren't suffering with the same pollution.)
But then, if you have a lovely hotel then you can always make the most of peace and quiet before the hectic time ahead :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.