Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Welcome to the Forum.Highland Beach Resort in Candolim is certainly one of the nicer hotels in Candolim.Do a trawl of the forum it is a mine of information.

Regards

Papa
Yes Highland beach is one of the better 3*in Candolim we also like the Phoenix Park again in Candolim
next year we have booked private apartment opp Highland Beach check Owners Direct there are a few
on there,lovely apartments about 1/2yrs old :sun2
ann :welcome
There's a new one called The Horizon top of beach rd only opened in march if i'm correct we've had a look round and it's spotless the pool is lovely its in a very nice setting for the main restaurants/shops/beach is a few mins walk away..They have their own restaurant and grill..
Wonderful! Thanks v much - I'll get surfing right away. Getting v excited!!
Any helpful tips or advice re Goa would be very welcome.
Tonia
x
This is a nice place and it has direct access to the beach at Candolim - Marquis Beach resort.

You should be made aware about the beached Tanker at Candolim.
Do a search on here for - River Princess.
It might put some off, but most don't seem to bother. :think
Here is a link to Owners Direct - Click here.
Many thanks!
I'm now thinking about a quieter beach as have read reviews that Candolim was v croweded. Any recommendations for a quiet paradise? What is Arossim Beach like?
Thnaks once again in advance!
Tonia
x
A lot of the quiet beaches in North Goa only have beach huts.

North of Baga there are villages (Morgim, Arambol etc) but the majority of accomodation is based on rooms usually rented out for the season. These can vary from backpacker rooms to designer boutique places.

The south of Goa has the majority of 4/5 star hotels. Sinquerem near Candolim has 3 4/5 start hotels, expect to pay $150 plus per night per room.

There are a few timeshare hotels that rent out spare rooms, often these are not in the larger resorts.

The price charged by the hotels used by charter holidays can be very high if booked in advance. Why not book 1 or 2 nights and then look around when you get there.

We usually stay in Candolim mainly because of the choice of good places to eat.
Have a look at the , anyone been here , thread Tonia it's about Arossim beach.
x lassi
Tonia Arossim beach is very nice, clean with a nice beach shack on it, the food was very good, we liked it so much we booked a bit further down the beach for a month in December. :cheers
For someplace quiet have a look at this one. Coconut Creek.
It's on Bogmallo Beach - only 10 minutes from airport.
There are not many places like this in Goa; North or South, with such a small enclosed beach, a couple of decent hotels and a handful of guesthouses.
The 2 photos show the entire length of the beach. :tup
One of the owners is a Scots lass and if you phone up, they do package deals from the UK.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Beaches/DSC_0267-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Beaches/DSC_0275-1.jpg
Do you mind mate,were still trying to keep this place a secret..................

John
:D Thanks both - John you made me laugh out loud!!
Tonia
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.