Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
That description is totally inaccurate, and I fail to understand how it could have been made. The Alcudia port area with its marina and wide promenade is anything but seedy.

I've not stayed at the Hostal Calma but I know it. Indeed I was in there a few days ago enquiring about accommodation for someone. They were very friendly, but I can't tell you anything about the rooms. It should be ok. The hostel belongs to a group called Almarsa who run some pretty plush four stars in Alcudia.

There are a couple of other places that you might want to check out - both on the promenade - Hostal Vista Alegre and Brisa Marina Apartments.
I agree, Alcudia may be a little over-built, crowded and in places tacky, but that's purely a personal, subjective opinion. I would never describe any of it as seedy. The beachfront area is no worse or better than lots of other places in Mallorca and the old town is lovely and full of character.
Thanks for the up-to-date info on Alcudia, much appreciated. Help! I can't get any information in English (online) re. Public Transport from Palma Airport to Alcudia port. Our plane arrives 22.00 and given the time of year, perhaps later! Note that shared taxi's mini-buses etc rather expensive but perhaps necessary at that hour; any suggestions? Rosey.
There is no direct bus, it would require getting into Palma and then a bus from there, but at that time of night there won't be any I'm afraid.

Taxi or a service such as Janer Bus or Majorca Airport Transfers would seem your main options.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.