Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya no there are no water slides at Club Sun City, but it is a very nice hotel though. Cant comment on the Alize as we have never been. When you say comments would be appreciated on Olu Deniz do you mean the hotel Olu Deniz Resort or the actual resort itself :?:
Thanks for your reply juicyjude. Sorry no, I meant that the hotel Alize is in Olu Deniz as there seem to be several properties with the same name. We went to Lykia World in June so I am a little familiar with the resort it's just the hotels I was looking into. The children really love their waterslides so that's a major consideration.

Can I ask though what you thought of the food and waht it consisted of?
I have been to the sun city and I believe the alize is a much smaller hotel. the sun city was great, very much a family hotel with plenty going on , our children loved it there. The Belcekiz is better though in our opinion :D.the food was very good at the sun city ,always plenty of choice and well presented.

lyn
Thanks lynwestie :D Is there much going on for the kids there then?

I haven't got much of a choice with hotels as am stuck to half term week the 24/25 Oct and can only get packages with Thomas Cook or the Mytravel group on those days.
Not stayed at either hotel but I have seen a slide/shoot at the Alize as we stayed at the Karbel Hotel opposite. The Sun City looks more impressive and occupies larger area. The Alize is probably cheaper buy the looks of it
Do you mean Sun city or Belcekiz Pamplemouse . How old are your kids??. You might like to have a look at the thomsons build your own site .You can choose accomodation and then they ask you if you would like a flight as well. but it often works out cheaper if you play around with dates a bit. they dont just include thomson flights :D

lyn
Thanks Lynwestie, I meant Sun City. The kids will be 11, 8 and twins 6.

I'll have a look on the Thomson site thanks. I had already checked with them on the packages but there were no flights that corresponded with the half term.
You have a few children there pample :D Whilst there arnt waterslides at the sun city the pool area is a good size. there is a shaded playground next to the pool area with a hotel run kids club. entertainment every evening and right outside the hotel all the bars/ shops of olu. pool games etc during the day run by the animation team and pool tables etc where all the older kids hang out. The sun city is very much a "family" hotel . plenty of other kids there and yours should have no problem making plenty of friends. Obviously there wont be all the facilities you will have got at Lykia but it is still a great hotel with I thought good food and im pretty sure you will have a great time there. the position in olu and cheaper price will make up for the loss in waterslides :D . they also have a private beach on the lagoon . They have a courtesy bus that runs 3 times a day i think backwards and forwards . free canoes and pedeloes on the lagoon.
ps. Have you checked out BA for flights or do you really want a package?

lyn
Thanks for all your help Lynwestie :D

I've ended up booking the Grand Azur in Marmaris. Managed to get HB for £1800 which I thought very good, I'm not brave enough to DIY........yet!! May try the Suncity another time though, just thought maybe a different part of Turkey would be nice as we were in Olu Deniz this year.

Thanks again.
Sorry didnt get back earlier yes I agree with everything said about sun city. Food was very good, we went when it was HB many years ago (twice) and it wasnt all that brill, but when we went last year AI the good was excellent. The pancakes for breakfast, to die for. Plenty of choice for myself and hubby he likes salads and Turkish food, Im a bit more fussy.
As regards the free transport to the lagoon, yes we went a few times but were very disappointed as we enjoy snorkelling and it was like snorkelling through treacle, so murky and a few strange things floating around. So next time we are going to pay to go to the lagoon I belive it is much clearer around the corner.
All this doesnt matter now though does it, getting carried away here, enjoy your holiday anyway. :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.