Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
welcome to the Greek forums of HT

don't know that area particularly well but that stretch of cost is becoming one long splurge [or at least that was my impression when i drove through a couple of years back]

I am thinking that we won't be too affected as we are going in school hols and prices will be dearer so there may not be as many p**s heads about

think again my son july/aug/early sept is the busiest times as all the British collages/universities are on vacation

having said that the Greek people are nice/kind/polite [provided you treat them as you would wish to be treated]., the weather will be brilliant and the island has lots to offer from fantastic scenery to ancient ruins

yasus
wizard
welcome to the Greek forums of HT

Thanks

think again my son july/aug/early sept is the busiest times as all the British collages/universities are on vacation

I know it will be busy but ,I was thinking that the louts maybe put off by the higher high season prices,But I'm probably wrong.

having said that the Greek people are nice/kind/polite [provided you treat them as you would wish to be treated]., the weather will be brilliant and the island has lots to offer from fantastic scenery to ancient ruins

Yeah we love going to Greece and have always found that too be true,unless in a very touristy area, such as Rhodes Town which we did not enjoy at all,we only went for a day trip but we found the local taverna owners etc being a bit to pushy and persistent.
Hi Graemec
Have no worries where you are staying is really quiet I've been staying at the Koni for years now, which is just
a few hundred yards away and we walk past regularly at night towards Malia and you rarely see a soul about.
It might be true that along the beach road it appears to be "merging" but along the main road it's totally different
as you'll see when you are there.
Rick.
My wife and I have just come back from the Anastasia , were are in our sixties , and didn't see any the kind of people or trouble you seem to be expecting . It seems that Stalis/Malia gets bad press and they don't seem to be merging into one resort. You just have to be careful of the quad bikes , just use your common sense when on the roads . The Anastasia is on the main trunk road but if you use the underpass, it's quite safe and very quiet . We've already booked for next September after being back for two days! I can recommend the hotel without resverve and have added a write up just minutes ago. Enjoy !!!
:tup
If you read my post entitled "Just back from Stalis-any questions" you'll see that Stalis and Malia, eventhough starting to merge into each other, are two totally seperate resorts with quite different things to offer. We know of the position of the Anastacia hotel and I can assure you that you won't meet the type of people you refer to unless you particularly want to go in to Malia after about 11 pm.

Just relax and countdown to your hol. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.