Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi,

Any reviews currently on the internet would be under the name Tenerife Princess as the hotel has only just changed owners and has literally just become a 'Best' Hotel.

To be honest, I would imagine under the 'Best' brand the hotel standards may go on a gradual decline (I hope I'm wrong).

Best are a chain who's HQ is based in Salou, Mainland Spain.

From my many visits to Salou I find their hotels to be clean but nothing special. Rooms average, Food average, General Decor average.

Obviously as they have inhereted this hotel from Princess it will currently be furnished to a high standard but whether this is maintained and whether the food goes downhill only time will tell.

Sorry I couldn't help you any further than this.

Mark
Thanks Mark for the update on the change of ownership. I have left a message for admin about the change and they will deal with the change as soon as they can.
Hi Mark,

so you think this is a bad choice of hotel do u?
Hi Sunchick,

At this stage I think its impossible to know. The Princess chain have a better reputation than the Best Chain but it really depends on if they plan to maintain the same standards as the previous owners. I can only go by what other Best hotels are like and whilst they are not really bad I also don't think they are really good.

Its a difficult call. There are lots of lovely hotels in the same area and if you can find one of those for a similar price then I would air on the side of caution and book one of those instead, such as the Bitacora or the Vulcano.

Time will tell with the Best Tenerife but at the moment there is very little info to go on.

Mark
I'd agree with Mark. Best operate predominantly 3 star hotels, whereas the Princess chain are generally 4 star or 4 star plus.

Will be interesting to see if Best try and maintain the standard and star rating, or allow it to drop to their 3 star comfort zone.

If you can book the place for 3 star prices it might be worth a try, but if they're charging 4 star prices I'd be inclined to avoid it for now, whilst keeping an eye on reviews. As Mark says, there's plenty of other good 4 star hotels to choose from in the area.
ye i am looking at 4 star in PLDA but trying to avoid bad food.

clean and not far from beach nightlife and shops.

what can you recommend.

we have never been to PLDA before been many other places tho.

what about the cockroaches?

what will PLDA be like in june/july hot? busy? pickpockets?

what about the cockroaches?
thanks all for your help
June - July will be hot (low to mid thirties) and busy. Never had a problem with pickpockets or any crime for that matter, but obviously you have to be vigilant in busy places as you would anywhere. Main annoyance in PDLA are touts, but that's a whole separate thread !!

Regarding cockroaches, I've been to the Canaries 11 times now, and have yet to see one.

I've never stayed in the heart of PDLA, but have stayed in Costa Adeje, Playa Paraiso and Playa La Arena which are all a fair bit quieter. However when I've looked at PDLA the hotels that have always attracted are the Bitacora (particularly good for families), Vulcano (good for couples) and the Mare Nostrum complex, all of which are pretty close to a beach. If you head north-west a bit to Fanabe/Costa Adeje there's a raft of 4 star/4star plus and higher hotels to choose from and you're not far from the action, plus there's a lovely beach at Duque. No shortage of shops/bars/restaurants wherever you pick.

All depends on your budget really, but your money will go a fair bit further if you DIY rather than book a package.
3 star will b ok tho
Sunchick,
If you want a good quality 4* hotel near to the beach and nightlife you should choose the Gala. I stayed in this hotel in March with my family and even though it was directly opposite Starco which is the liveliest part it was not a problem and was very quiet in the rooms at night.
The food is fantastic and the pool area is great too.
You can book this with Alpharooms if doing the holiday DIY. If you are going through a travel agent it will be expensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.