Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Bushbaby
we've stayed at Brown's Beach 3 times but the last time was in February 2001, so it may have changed somewhat since then.

Whenever we stayed in Negombo we preferred to stay at Brown's Beach if we could get a good deal.

Based on my recollection, if you've been to Goa, I would say it's a better standard hotel than most in North Goa.
However, it's not the same standard as a hotel with the same rating in the Far East.

We found it comfortable, in a good location for bars and restaurants and is right on the beach.
I think all rooms have a sea view.
It was clean but maybe a little basic.
The staff were always great, they even gave my hubby a cake on his birthday.

I think that they started doing all inclusive, we used to go B&B or even half board, but preferred to eat out at the many local restaurants.

What sort of price have you found for February? I might be interested in going back to BB - I can then do a proper hotel review for Fiona. :roll:

Polly
I have you well trained PPC :lol:
Absolutely, Fiona. :wink:

I'm a good girl, I am! :roll:
Look out for my reviews on the Grand Bali Beach, Sanur (sometime after September) and Sunshine Park, Candolim (mid-December).
We've been to GBB 3 times before (ages before I started posting on here), but the Sunshine Park is new to us.

Polly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.