Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Haven't stayed at Castell del Mar, it looks very nice ,right on the promenade. The only negative for me would be the amount of Germans in the hotel. We stayed at the Sumba and were the only English guests, it can be very intimidating.Very fustrating when they push ahead in queues and reserve ALL the sunbeds. But I must say that the hotel was excellent (Gemans expect that)and we had a good time. CBG
I stayed here at the Castell del Mar last summer prior to an Ocean Village cruise, the hotel was spotless & as the calabonagirl says its right over looking the prom & the beach. All the staff were friendly & helpful, the menu at the hotel was ok but it was more aimed at the German tastes but in saying that you can always find something.
The majority of the guests are German or Scandinavian as is the resort of Cala Millor but there are enough British bars & restaurants too.
We really enjoyed Cala Millor, its a very relaxed place which isnt over crowded even in the height of summer when we went.

Hope this helps :)
hi, thanks carol ,all your comments are very reassuring.
we are doing the ocean village stay and cruise thing.
its our 2nd time with ocean village and i know we wont be dissapointed with the cruise side. last year we stayed in santa ponsa ,and the ocean village rep was really helpful.
regards to all readers this site is really helpful
:D :D
very sorry about mis spelling your name :oops:
No problem x-ray :) the Ocean Village rep at the hotel is lovely, I cant recall her name though :oops: she was very helpful & made our stay a great one.
I thought all the Ocean Village staff were great, they certainly treated me & my hubby well.

Have a great holiday :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.