Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Paul, welcome to HT! :wave

We have resort reports HERE and hotel reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi, thinking of booking all inclusive here, and wondered what the diference in accomodaton was like from the apartments to the hotel. We normally try to book a hotel that has a separate bedroom for the kids, one review mentioned duplex style accomodation, or are we more likely to be in one room with the 2 kids.
Hi,

We Have booked a holiday next May and have requested 3 interconnecting rooms from our travel agent.

Do washing machines come in all the apartments???

How do we know which hotel we will get....estivel I, II, or III?? Is this allocated on arrival?

Any other hints and tips??? We are travelling with 8 kids!!!So any advice appreciated

Thanks
Hi All
I am going on a family holiday to Estival Parks hotel in La Pineda. (2A, 2C) We are going Alinclusive and are getting mixed reports on the hotel. If you have been to this hotel can you tell me what the rooms are like. Is there a kitchen area, Fridge, Is it a sofa bed for the kids. Have ready the Hotel Reports but nothing about the rooms.

Thanks All.

Gkrg :)
Anyone stayed in Estival Park this year? How was it? Which of the three hotels is best to stay in? Should we ask for a particular hotel, rooms in a certain part of the hotel? Don't fancy being in noisy section or overlooking bins etc...
Just returned from a 2 week holiday in salou,very dissapointing stayed half board in apartments ate in 4star hotel.Food repeated every night kids ate chicken and chips over and over,3 dead flies in bottle of vinegar,ended up eating down the street in local pub.No maid service in apartments,have to change your own sheets,wash your own towels and buy your own toilet rolls.This is not advertised in brochure.Salou itself not very appealing no nice shops, spaniards very rude.Will definetely never return to this RESORT AGAIN :( :( :( :(
Please dont be put off by this part of the world.We have just returned from our second visit to Costa Dorada and we loved it,but we dont stay in Salou because we hate it there as well....too built up and in you face.We stayed just outside in Pineda and its lovely.We stayed in gran hacienda hotel and its just far enough out of the main strip of bars and restaurants but only about a 20 min walk to get into there.
Sorry just realised that you stayed in Pineda at Estival Park, oh well its not for everyone but we went into that hotel for a drink one evening and didn't like the look of it.
I am looking to book the Estival Park hotel but am a bit confused. I know normally when booking FB, it only includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, however, on the hotel's site it offers HB and FB only, other sites do offer AI for this hotel, do you think that this hotel offers FB but it includes snacks and drinks etc. Has anyone stopped here and can confirm that they call it FB insead of AI?

I might have got it wrong but I would prefer to book AI here but the site I want to book it with only offer HB and FB.

I would really appreciate anyones help on this.

Thank you.

Sue
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Visited the Estavil group in La Pineda In June this year and having read forums before I went I am amazed that more people havent picked up on what a dump of an area la Pineda is- doesnt anyone go to the beach anymore when they are on holiday??- we found the beach littered with rubbish and worse than that totally infested with nasty jelly fish! And what is there to do in La Pineda?? its not even a proper resort is it!
I appreciate that the hotel is nice and very good value for money if you can get a good price- But come on, Spain is full of cheap Hotels! Why not try the 4* Grand Bali in Benidorm- they are giving thier rooms away!! and the beach is beautifull- To top it all - it looks as though there is another Hotel being built road side of the Estavil complex- so I'd be giving this place a wide birth for a year or so- but if all you want is a cheap all inclusive and you can get a room for less than £20 a night then fine - pay more than this and I think you've been robed!
Not for me, but my Daughter is travelling to this Hotel next year with her 7 year old Son.

Can anyone advise me please on the cost of safety deposit boxes at this hotel?

Also do you need to pay a deposit at the start of your holiday to cover breakages etc?

Many thanks.
Hi, im going to the estival park all inclusive next year and wondering if anyone can tell me about the kids club and costs, also about the safety deposit boxes etc, thanks
This may help both your quieries as we have reviews here

Sarah
Thanks Sarah, already read the reviews but nobody mentioned the costs.

I see my Daughter now has had her registration processed and can ask her own questions now :tup :D

Welcome to Holiday Truths Shezzie :wave:
Hi, can anyone give me any information on the estival park hotel in la pineda im going there next year in oct, (hope its nice and warm, fingers crossed) with my 7 year old son, i would appreciate if anyone can tell me about the cost of safety deposit boxes also do we need to leave a breakage deposit kind of thing when we first go in the hotel

Any information would be of great help,

I would love any info on this hotel, good and bad.

I have got quiet a good deal to stay there in the summer holidays, but know nothing about the resort or hotel.
We are taking our 4 year old and don't know if there is much for that age?

Thanks in advance x
Hello humpty dumpty - have you checked out our review section HERE

You may get some help there until someone replies. :wink
Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.