Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
fenals gardens is very good.its on the roundabout just opposite the costa encantada.
the aquarium hotel is only 3* and about 2 minutes from the fenals gardens, but gets good reviews and a lot of repeat business.
both should be a bit quieter than the CA, and will definitely be quieter than the royal beach.
I remember seeing the Fenals Garden hotel when I went last time (April 06)

I will look the reviews up on both of the ones you suggested, thanks.

Ive been searching for a long while for this holiday but cant seem to find many packages to Costa Brava? When I do find them they are way over budget!

Can you suggest anybody to book with that migh be cheaper?

Natalie
natalie,
why not look at DIY.
flights to gerona can be very cheap - i use ryanair.
look at findmeaccom.com or alphrooms or go2spain.co.uk who all do good deals
hope this helps
jim
Hi Jim, I have looked at doing that but how would I get from the airport to the hotel and visa versa? Im always worried that a taxi would be late or something and that we would miss our flights, I know it sounds silly lol.

I found cheap flights with Ryanair, on 7th june for a wk for the 3 of us was only £147 which I know is good but when I looked up the prices of the accomodation it seemed very dear!
find me accom is showing 7 nights HB for £249 in the aquarium and £287 for HB in the fenals gardens for all 3 of you. go2spain is showing fenals gardens for £257.50 for B&B.cant get alpharooms prices on work p/c but they will be around the same price level.
you are aware that the prices quoted are per room and not each!
i think that they are quite cheap.
as regards transfers, there is plenty information on this site.
you can get the bus from the airport to lloret for 8 euros each, but having a baby with you it may be easier to get a taxi from the rank outside the airport. normal cost is about 45 euros.
there are transfer companies who will pick you up like resorthoppa. alpha rooms also do transfers.
hope this helps.
Thanks for looking them up Jim, I will have a lil look on them sites now.

Yeah I knew they were for all 3 of us lol, I was working on a budget of around £400 for the 3 of us flying out on the 7th June (my birthday) for a week.

Are there always Taxi's at the airport? I wouldnt wanna get stranded at the airport lol. Im so used to going on holiday as a package and the rep's just shouting at you to get on coaches lol
I would definitely recommend the Hotel Aquarium for a couple with infant. Great facilities, good food selection and not too rowdy!
We have decided to go back to the Costa Encantada because weve been there before and know what its like etc.

We got a fab deal, £147 for the flights with Ryanair, return & a week SC for £236 for the 3 of us so all in all I dont think that was too bad. Afterall it is 7th June and is near the school holidays, well sort of lol.

Whats the weather like in June there? I went in April before and it was around 25c I think, we did have a good week though, bar one day that it rained.
When I had a youngster we always went early June, and the weather was pretty reasonable, at least we always got a good tan! Shouldn't be too many problems, and, at least it'll be quieter.
Another recommendation for the Hotel Aquarium - very clean, comfy and good food. Shade in the garden, which is very important for little ones.
I second The Aquarium, it's my favourite hotel in Fenals.
I'd agree with the Aquarium. Just booked four nights half board May 27th (half term) for 2 adults & 1 child - £129. It'll be our third visit. It's comfortable, clean, it's got an indoor pool in case it rains, the booze is fairly cheap, the staff are pleasant, it's in a good location... etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.